Amaretto Stone Sour drink was first introduced in the 1979’s. The drink was made using the simplest of ingredients such as lemon juice, orange juice, simple syrup, and gin. This recipe is extracted from the book by Tom Bullock. However, the bartenders played around with some ingredients to give the drink a little twist.
This drink offers a delightful citrusy and tarty sweet taste with a nutty after-effect in your mouth due to the Amaretto.
It’s apparently the best-in-class afternoons and lazy weekend drink. You can make it in a pitcher, keep it cool in the fridge, and drink whenever you like. It contains all the refreshing ingredients. Undoubtedly! it’s a perfect drink for the summers when the heat is unbearable.
So, without further ado, let’s check out how to make Amaretto Stone Sour.
Amaretto Stone Sour Recipe
- 1½ oz Amaretto.
- 1½ oz Orange juice.
- 1½ oz Lemon. or Lime juice
- Ice for serving.
- Lemon wedge and cherries for serving.
Once you have your ingredients lined up, Below are the steps you must follow to make this drink quickly and without any hassle:
- Get yourself a lowball glass or any glass you prefer for drinking a cocktail.
- In that glass, add in lots of ice.
- Top the ice with Amaretto, Orange juice, and Lemon juice.
- Give it a good stir to mix in the juices together.
- Garnish with a lemon wedge, and Cherry.
- Voila! Your delicious, tangy and refreshing Amaretto Stone Sour drink is ready to savour.
The drink does not involve a lot of steps; however, we need to be careful while making the homemade sweet and sour mix. It is basically a mix of Lemon and Lime juice that we recommend you use instead of just one of them.
Homemade is always better than store-bought and also not expensive at all.
How to Make Perfect Sweet and Sour Mix?
Following are the simple ingredients you will need to make the perfect sweet and sour mix at home:
- Regular simple syrup (Half Ounce)
- Lemon juice (Half Ounce)
- Lime juice (Half Ounce)
The recipe is for one glass of your cocktail. You may double the recipe and make more if needed. The sweet and sour mix can be stored in the fridge for a good week.
We recommend making it fresh every time as it is very easy to whip up.
The instructions are simple, just gather all the ingredients and mix them together in a jar and you will have to yourself some easy, delicious, and quick sweet and sour mix for your drink.
Amaretto is an Almond based liqueur that is made in Italy. It carries a very distinct flavor that is both sweet and bitter but leaves a very fun and delicious aftertaste in your mouth. Once you get a hang of it, there’s no turning back from Amaretto-based cocktails.
Amaretto is expensive and can be difficult to find. The best substitute for Amaretto is to use Almond extract. It won’t give the same alcoholic kick to your drink that is why we recommend that you add the Almond extract with any liqueur you have available. Some of the best liqueur options here are:
- Coffee liqueur
- Chocolate Liqueur
- Hazelnut Liqueur
- Coconut Liqueur
Our motto is to present you with recipes that are easy, quick to make, and utterly delicious. Keeping up with our promise, here are some of the interesting recommendations for you.
- Easy and delicious dip recipes: Olga’s Swiss Almond Cheese Recipe, TGI Fridays Tuscan Spinach dip recipe, Basil Aioli dip recipe
- Wholesome Salads: Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp salad recipe, Whole Foods Salmon salad recipe, Kale and Carrot recipe
- Main course dishes to try: Barilla Spinach Lasagne, Flaked Salmon Recipe, Irish Salmon Recipe
Amaretto Stone Sour drink is a must-try. You of course can not always go to a bar whenever you’re craving a drink like this so we have made it our mission to give you recipes of your favorite drinks that you can easily make at home. Do try this at home and let us know in the comments below how it turned out for you.