Food lovers are crazy about Salmon dishes. They love the fact that Salmon is full of nutrients and yet so easy to cook. It is why Salmon is every home’s choice for the weekend when you crave wholesome meals but aren’t down with the idea of spending too much time in the kitchen. Here is when the Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe steps in to offer you the best of Salmon.
As the name suggests, in this recipe Salmon is infused with moderate spices and coated with sweet and sour sauce to enhance its flavors. This Chinese and Asian mixed cuisine enriches Salmon in aromas, textures, and savors that are certainly perfect for your dinner. Although this dish is a standalone delight, however, to further enhance its presentation you can serve it with rice, veggies, or any side dish of your choice.
Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe
- 8 Salmon Fillets.
- 1 Orange or Lemon.
- ½ cup Sweet and Sour sauce.
- 1 tbsp Sesame Seeds ( as per choice).
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 1 tbsp Salt.
- 1 tbsp Black Pepper or Red chili flakes( as per preference).
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder.
- ½ cup Ketchup.
- 2 tbsp Sweet Chili sauce.
- 1 tbsp Soya sauce.
- 2 tbsp Vinegar.
- 2 tbsp Sugar.
- ½ tbsp Cornstarch.
- Begin with preheating the oven to 350 degrees. Drop and spread little amounts of cooking spray to ensure that the dish/sheet stays non-greasy.
- Wash and pat dry the salmon fillets. Place them carefully, skin side down, in the baking sheet or dish.
- Season your fillet with minimal spices, including salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Avoid excessive seasoning, as it can affect the combined taste of the salmon with the sweet and sour sauce.
- Time to prepare the sauce. In a small pan, beat together sweet chili sauce, soya sauce, vinegar, sugar, garlic, onion powder, and cornstarch. Stir it constantly while bringing it to a boil and simmer until the desired thick consistency is achieved.
- Brush the salmon fillets with the sweet and sour sauce prepared.
- Bake the salmon until the sauce and glaze turn golden brown, usually taking about 8-10 minutes. You can add the remaining sauce as a cover on the salmon fillets.
- Once cooked, remove the skin and your salmon is ready to be served for tantalizing your taste buds like a dream.
- Serve hot and garnish it with sesame seeds, add white rice as a side dish or even toss some veggies alongside the dish for some goodness.
Nutritional Value of Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe
Amount per serving: calories 280, Fat 11g, Cholesterol 24mg, Sodium 428 mg, Potassium 856 mg, Carbohydrates 9g, Protein 35g, Vitamin A 681U, Vitamin C 1mg, Calcium 24mg, Iron 2mg.
How to Get a Perfect Sweet and Sour Sauce?
The secret to making a perfect sweet and sour sauce is to blend the ingredients so well that they balance the flavors of each other by all means. The sweet Chili Sauce, Soya Sauce, Vinegar, Sugar, Garlic, and Onion powder must be whisked and blended thoroughly. The next thing to keep in mind is to reach the perfect consistency. A flowy and runny texture would ruin the dish because it would fall off the Salmon fillets rather than be the glaze over it. A sauce too thick would not go deep within the fish, resulting in low flavored food. The sauce is all about the balance between the sweet and sour elements of the sauce, and your fish will be so succulent and tasty to eat!
What to Serve with Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon?
Not everything goes well with Salmon. To add any side dish or even a partner dish with Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe that you follow, make certain that they should be a bonus rather than stealing the main course. Add-ons like fried or steamed veggies, plain white rice or brown rice, vegetable fried rice, and even Chow Mein can be amazing when served with Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon.
From the House of Salmon; Try these Salmon Delights
- Nothing beats the Salsa-Salmon combo. So check out Williams Sonoma Salmon Recipe for a perfect combo of tasty, tangy flavors, never experienced before.
- Best Salmon recipe with simple ingredients. Try Tyler Florence Salmon Recipe to prepare a mouthwatering meal that asks for no fancy cooking elements.
- Are you a diet-conscious person looking for nourishing and scrumptious meals for lunch? Then, Flaked Salmon Recipe is a must-try for you.
- Diet foods and salads are healthy but not that easy to stick to. How about a whole Foods Salmon Salad Recipe that offers a taste and benefits in one platter.
- Wild White King Salmon recipe has no boundaries for people who share a love for Salmon. Every Salmon lover loves to have it any time, any season!
- Salmon that can be shaped and stored into patties? Our Weight Watchers Salmon Patties Recipe is an amazing and novel idea to pour your Salmon love into patties.
- Want to eat good food without spending hours in the kitchen? Check out Wegmans Teriyaki Salmon Recipe that is simple and mouthwatering.
- Are you a foodie in search of something great? Irish Smoked Salmon recipe would impress you loads.
- A perfect low-carb diet but perfectly incredible in taste! Raspberry Salmon Recipe will make you fall into low-carb diets even more.
A famed global dish, Lemon Pepper Smoked Salmon Recipe is one of its kind. It has a magical blend of flavors that elevates your taste buds.