Soup in winters is heavenly good and provides us with desired warmth inside. Today’s special ultra-creamy Broccoli and Spinach Soup Recipe is sure to take you on a warm and fascinating trip. This soup serves as an Iron and vitamin booster. It also gives a beautiful green color because of Spinach and a smooth velvety texture without any visibility of cream.
Broccoli and Spinach Soup Recipe
Ingredients used for Broccoli and Spinach Soup: (4 servings)
- 2 Onion.
- 1 Broccoli.
- 2 Handfuls Spinach.
- Salt as required.
- 4 tbsp Butter.
- 1 Potato.
- 1 tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Black pepper as per your taste.
How to make Broccoli and Spinach Soup
Step 1: Chop off all the Vegetables
- I use frozen, chopped Spinach; if you are using fresh, make sure to wash all your vegetables and dry them nicely using a paper towel. Then, chop off all the vegetables; Spinach, Onions, Potatoes, and Broccoli, and keep them on the side.
Step 2: Cook the Vegetables and Broccoli
- Use a large pan, melt the butter on medium flame. Next, add the chopped Onions to the pan on medium flame; wait for 1 minute till you see the Onions are translucent. Next, add Salt and Pepper according to your taste. After that, add vegetable broth and whisk it properly till it is properly mixed. Then, add the chopped Potatoes and Broccoli to the pan. Now you must cook the mixture for 1-2 minutes on medium flame.
Step 3: Spinach and other Vegetables to be cooked for 5-7 minutes
- When you see that the vegetables are cooked, you add Spinach to the pan and mix it properly. While stirring it continuously, cook the mixture for 5-7 minutes on medium flame. When all the vegetables are well cooked, remove the pan from the stove and let the mixture cool down.
Step 4: Blend the mixture and serve it HOT!
- Once the mixture is cool, put it in a blender jar and blend it at high speed until the mixture has a smooth texture. Transfer the soup to your serving bowl, sprinkle some white Pepper and garnish it with Parmesan Cheese. Serve the Soup HOT.
How Many Calories Does Broccoli Spinach Soup Recipe Have?
There are 150.8 Calories per serving of Broccoli-Spinach Soup. Here is the breakup of the recipe calories count;
- 60 calories of Olive Oil (½ tbsp.)
- 27 calories of Sweet potato, cooked, baked in skin, without salt, (½ small)
- 22 calories of Chicken stock, home-prepared, (¼ cup)
- 18 calories of Broccoli, fresh (62.50 grams)
- 17 calories of Spinach, fresh (75 grams)
- 7 calories of Onions, raw, (¼ small)
- 1 calorie of Garlic (¼ clove)
Broccoli and Spinach Soup Recipe; Nutritional Value
Each serving per Recipe is up to 4 people. The nutrients can be further broken down into;
- Fats 8.1g
- Cholesterol 1.8g
- Sodium 173.4mg
- Potassium 857.6mg
- Carbohydrates 16.1g
- Proteins 6.4g
Benefits and Types of Broccoli
Broccoli is rich in several nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, fiber, and anti-oxidants. One cup of Broccoli contains 6g of carbs, 2.6g of Proteins, 2.5g of fiber, 135% of the RDI of Vitamin C, 8% of the RDI of potassium, and 6% of the RDI of Phosphorus.
Broccoli can be eaten raw as well as cooked. There are different cooking methods such as boiling, microwaving, stir-frying, steaming, etc. There are three main types of Broccoli; Calabrese Broccoli, Sprouting Broccoli, Purple Cauliflower.
Tips to Make Broccoli Soup More Delicious
- If you want your soup to be pure vegan, you can avoid using Potato and use vegan Cheese as an ingredient.
- Rather than using a Potato to make the soup creamier, you can use Almond paste.
- Add Spinach to the mixture towards the very end (preferably last 3 minutes)
- You can freeze the soup in air-tight containers for up to 3 months.
More Deliciousness for You
- Spinach Recipes are highly nutritious and delicious. Try out Asiago Creamy Spinach Recipe, Apple-Bees Spinach, Shrimp Salad Recipe, 3 Day Refresh Spinach Salad Recipe, Yats Spinach Mushroom Etouffee Recipe, and Spinach Curry Andhra Recipe.
- Club your soup with some snacks to make your evenings better. Try True North Almond Pecan Cashew Clusters Recipe, White Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups Recipe, Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe, Almond Crunch, and Almond Cinnamon Cookies.