Quinoa is not really a grain but the seed that comes from an herb. Originally from South America, this grain is also known as super grain for its health benefits and nutrient intake. Bulgur, on the other hand, comes from the cracker berries and hull of whole wheat. This particular grain has a very nutty and earthy flavor. Today, I will be combing both and will be sharing with you Bulgur and Quinoa Recipe that will flower up your breakfast bowls and can be consumed as meals on their own.
Bulgur And Quinoa Recipe
- 4 cups Water.
- ⅓ cups Quinoa.
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil.
- ⅓ cup Medium Bulgur.
- 1½ tsp Salt.
- 2 tbsp Fresh Lemon Juice.
- ¾ tsp Dried mint, crushed.
- 4 Black olives(Kalamata, rutted and sliced thinly).
- ¼ tsp Black Pepper.
- 2 oz Feta, roughly crumbled (1/2) cups.
- 2 Radishes, thinly sliced.
- 1 Head Bibb Lettuce(sliced into ¼ inch strips) or 4 cups.
Now, here is the process to make a fresh Bulgur and Quinoa Salad.
- First, wash Quinoa thrice with cold water in a medium bowl. Drain the Quinoa in a sieve between the washes.
- In a 2- to 3-quart saucepan, combine Quinoa, 3/4 teaspoon of salt, 4 cups water, and cook, uncovered, until Quinoa is just soft and the seed begins to separate from grain for 20 minutes. Drain properly in a sieve before transferring to a medium mixing bowl.
- While the Quinoa is cooking, cover Bulgur with 2 inches of hot water and soak for 10 minutes, or until soft and sticky. Drain it in a sieve, then mix it into the Quinoa that has already been drained. Allow 20 minutes for the grains to cool completely.
- While the grains are cooling, whisk together the Oil, Mint, Lemon Juice, Pepper, and 3/4 teaspoon of Salt in a small bowl, then stir in the Olives, Feta, Lettuce, and Radishes; serve right away.
- You can prepare grains beforehand and store them in the fridge or a chilled place for over a day. However, before using them, bring them to room temperature.
Bulgur and Quinoa Recipe; Calorie Count
One bowl of Bulgur and Quinoa Salad contains around 330Kcalories. Additional nutrition includes:
- Fat 45g
- Saturated Fat 24g
- Cholesterol 120mg
- Proteins 12g
- Iron 1.2mg
- Calcium 110mg
- Potassium 210mg
What Cuisine are Bulgur and Quinoa From?
This fresh and grainy Bulgur and Quinoa salad originally have its roots in South America. They are both grains but multipurpose for their great health benefits.
Looking For Similar Recipes as Bulgur and Quinoa? Try These!
If you’re looking for more fresh and easy to prepare recipes. Try these and let us know what you think.
- Looking for an easy-to-make dish, then try this Yard House Lettuce Wraps Recipe
- Looking for something quick and easy, check out this Wilted Kale Salad Recipe.
- If you love to experiment with your cuisine, then this Flash Fried Spinach Recipe is your go-to.
- This low-carb Baked Sweet and Sour Salmon Recipe have got your back If you are on a diet.
- Recipes that won’t disappoint you: Babouto Kale Salad Recipe, Baked Salmon Sushi Roll Recipe, Zoe’s Quinoa Salad Recipe, Wild Spinach Recipe.