Health is the whole kit of caboodles, and maintaining health is the most essential and integral aspect of your overall well-being. Eating nutritious yet delicious food is a perfect combination to treat your taste buds healthily. Therefore, California Pizza Kitchen Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe is a perfect choice for health-conscious taste lovers. This fancy homemade meal flavored with a splash of spices and flecked with a creamy, cheesy texture serves as the best nutritious meal for your friends and family.
Pizza is an Italian Cuisine that evolved from similar flatbread dishes during the 18th century. However, the Spinach and Artichoke dip got a prominent ring in the 1950s when eating while watching TV became more common. This dip is not super cheesy, but it’s creamy with enough cheese to add a scrummy flavor to it. On top of that, the clout of Chicken Bouillon, Garlic, and Onion in the dip punch up its flavor.
Must try this easy to cook and deliciously creamy recipe at home, and you’ll love the taste that you’ll want to have almost daily.
California Pizza Kitchen Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe
- ¼ cup Olive Oil.
- ¾ cup Onion (cut in cubes).
- 1½ tbsp Garlic (minced).
- 2 tbsp Unsalted Butter.
- ½ cup All-purpose Flour.
- 1½ cups Chicken stock.
- 1½ cups Heavy Cream.
- 2 tbsp Crumbled Chicken Bouillon (cubes).
- 1½ tbsp Lemon Juice.
- ¾ cup Parmesan Cheese (grated).
- ¼ cup Sour Cream.
- 12 oz Spinach (chopped).
- 6 oz Canned Artichoke Bottoms (sliced).
- 1 tsp Sugar.
- 1 cup Monterey Jack Cheese (finely shredded).
- ¾ tsp Tabasco Sauce.
- First, take a large saucepan and heat the Olive Oil and Butter together over medium heat. Once the butter is melted, add Onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes while stirring occasionally. Then add garlic and cook for 2 to 3 more minutes with frequent stirring and stop before Onion and Garlic start turning brown.
- Then sprinkle Flour on it, continue cooking for 10 – 15 minutes, and constantly stir until the mixture turns slightly golden.
- Now slowly pour the Chicken stock in it and whisk until it smoothly mixes in it.
- Add the cream in it upon simmering the mixture and stir constantly.
- Then remove from heat and add Lemon Juice, Parmesan, Bouillon cubes, Sugar and stir until the whole mixture is blended.
- Then add Spinach, Monterey Jack Cheese, Sour Cream, Artichoke bottoms, and Tabasco sauce and stir to mix well everything and until the cheese melts completely.
- The recipe is ready to be poured into a bowl and served with tortilla chips.
Pro Tip: If you have leftovers of the Spinach Artichoke Dip, then don’t worry about it. You will love to have it because you can make another appetizing treat out of it. Simply have baked Potatoes, cover it with the dip and open up a new window to deliciousness. It tastes so good that you want to have a baked potato with the best topping of Spinach Artichoke dip every night.
Spinach Artichoke Dip; Calories Count
- Olive Oil (1/4 cup) – 477 cal
- Onion (3/4 cup) – 50 cal
- Garlic (1 ½ tbsp) – 7 cal
- Unsalted Butter (2 tbsp) – 204 cal
- All-purpose Flour (1/2 cup) – 226 cal
- Chicken stock (1 ½ cups) – 18 cal
- Heavy Cream (1 ½ cups) – 1000 cal
- Lemon Juice (1 ½ tbsp) – 6 cal
- Parmesan Cheese (3/4 cup) – 323 cal
- Sour Cream (1/4 cup) – 74 cal
- Spinach (12 oz) – 78 cal
- Artichoke (6 oz) – 80 cal
- Sugar (1 tsp) – 16 cal
- Monterey Jack Cheese (1 cup) – 493 cal
Spinach Artichoke Dip; Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Total Carb 14 g
- Fat 38 g
- Saturated Fat 20 g
- Cholesterol 97 mg
- Dietary Fibers 2 g
- Protein 11 g
- Sodium 1043 mg
- Calcium 321 mg
- Potassium 285 mg
- Iron 2 mg
- Vitamin C 14 mg
Mouth-Watering Recommendations for You
If you want to try some other lovey, dovey, and tasty recipes, you have many more options to taste deliciousness from your bowl. The recipes for all the food lovers who are eager to try new tastes and want to cook something different from the regular meals include;