For me, “getting excited” equates to “cooking good food”!
For many food-lovers, trying a new recipe, mixing things up to create a different taste is a thrilling experience. However, some of them who like to sink in their comfy couches while others do their jobs for them would love an easy-to-cook food recipe.
However, if you are on a diet and the recipe does not resonate with your calorie count, it will be of no use. So, experimenting with ingredients that blend taste with health, we have perfected the best “Canned Salmon and Grits Recipe” for you!
Canned Salmon and Grits Recipe
- 2 cup Chicken or Vegetable Broth.
- 1 cup Ready-to-cook white grits.
- Salt to taste.
- 3-4 tbsp Olive Oil.
- 4 oz Cream Cheese.
- 2-4 oz Canned Salmon.
- 1 tsp Black Pepper (freshly ground).
- ½ cup Chopped Red Onions.
- 2 tsp Garlic paste.
- ½ cup Blanched Asparagus.
- ½ cup Sliced Baby Tomatoes.
- A few drops of fresh Lemon Juice.
The Grit Sauce:
- Simmer the broth in a medium-sized skillet and gradually whisk in the grits.
- Let the grits cook for 4-5 minutes or until thickened.
- Add in the Salt and Cream Cheese, whisk well.
- Keep this aside.
Cook the Salmon and Veggies:
- Take a flat pan and place over high flame.
- Dry the Salmon fully over a paper towel, and remove any skin if present.
- Coat the Salmon with Oil, Salt, and Pepper from both sides.
- Sear the Salmon on the pan from both sides until fully crisp.
- Take another pan and sauté all the veggies together until cooked. Season it with Salt and Pepper.
- Assemble a scoop of Grit Sauce, place Veggies over it and place the Salmon on the side. Top it with a few drops of fresh Lemon Juice and serve hot!
Canned Salmon and Grits; Time to Get In the Kitchen!
Cook it for breakfast, get it on the menu list for party appetizers, or eat it for dinner; Salmon combined with Grits make a wholesome and decadent South American Cuisine. However, as the word of Salmon-Greatness has traveled worldwide, it has become a part of many cuisines. I mean, who is going to say “NO” to some fish and chips. Or should I say fish and grits.
Invite your family and friends over the weekend, and cook a decadent cuisine for them with our healthy yet Tasty Treasure Treats.
- For your vegan and weight watcher, guests try Kale Salad Recipe, Cabbage Spinach, or Boston Lettuce Recipe to serve them as starters.
- For fish lovers, try our Bonefish Salmon or Braided Salmon recipe.
- To go a little fancy and add some dips to your table, you can try Ale House Spinach Dip.
Canned Salmon and Grits; Nutritional Facts!
Salmon is an excellent source of proteins, while grits are enriched with vitamins and minerals. So, their killer duo is an explosion of flavor and nutrition.
With only 131 calories per serving, this Canned Salmon and Grits Recipe is enriched with Proteins, Vitamin B-12, Sodium, Potassium, and Iron. In addition, it has low amounts of Fats and Cholesterol, therefore a perfect treat for the whole family.
What to Serve With Salmon and Grits?
Bake, fry, broil, poach or slow-cook the Salmon; it is a versatile ingredient that can be turned into any savory dish. Salmon makes a great pair with Flatbread, Side Dips and Sauces, Sautéed Vegetables, and even Brown Rice.
Can You Store Salmon and Grits?
It feels great to not cook after a long tiring day because you were smart enough to prepare some extra meals when you had time over the weekend. However, certain foods cannot be stored because they are only good when fresh. Salmon is one of them.
You can easily store Canned Salmon in the refrigerator as long as the shelf life allows. But, once you fully cook the Canned Salmon and Grits, it is not recommended to store them. The taste and aroma will go stale.
Tips for Cooking Your Food Better
- Always fry the Salmon wrapped in tinfoil so the moisture does not escape. This helps the Salmon stay juicy.
- Do not use the Canned Salmon if it was stored after opening. It will have probably gone bad and smelly, or you can say “fishy.”
- It is best to soak the grits overnight, or at least 6 hours.
This Canned Salmon and Grits is a nutritious meal that everyone in your family would enjoy and ask you to make it over and over. So try this recipe, and treat your taste buds with salmon-y goodness.