Cherry Liqueur or Cherry Brandy is a sweet liquid and as the name suggests, it is extracted from cherries. Undoubtedly! It has a strong and dominating flavor. Therefore most people use it as a secondary flavor to boost primary liquor like rum, whiskey, or gin.
Maraschino Liqueur is said to be the most popular cherry liqueur that became famous in the 1800s.
Origin of Cherry Liqueur Cocktails
The invention of cherry brandy or cherry liqueur cocktails dates back to the late 1900s. It originates from Italy and France. In addition, the historical Italian liqueurs serve as the base for the cherry liqueur; Example: Piedmontese Ratafia and Abruzzese.
Cherry Liqueur Cocktails
Let’s see some of the cherry liqueur based cocktails;
- Martinez: Martinez is a classic cocktail that contains cherry liqueur and orange bitters as the main ingredients.
- The Bittersweet Truth: The Bittersweet Truth is the combination of cherry liqueur, white rum and black walnut bitters.
- Prince of Wales: It is a popular cocktail, as it was first made by Albert Edward (the Prince of Wales). It is the combination of maraschino cherry liqueur, Rye whiskey and champagne together.
- Drunken Cherry Lemonade: This cocktail contains cherry liqueur, vodka, drunken cherries and victorian lemonade.
- Tuxedo: As the name says, Tuxedo is a classic and divine cocktail. Its main ingredients are maraschino cherry liqueur, orange bitters and dry vermouth.
- Ginger Smash: Ginger smash is a fruity and flavourful cocktail, and consists of cherry liqueur, aple liqueur, pineapple, lime juice and cane ru.
- El Nocho Capita: To make it- add Espresso coffee, kirsch, cherry liqueur and Tequila together.
How to Make Cherry Liqueur?
Have some fresh and sweet summer cherries? And wondering what to make? Let’s transform those cherries into a delish Cherry Liqueur!
Note: Take some fresh cherries, though you can use tart cherries for a less sweet taste of the Liqueur. If using frozen cherries, then let them defrost first.
Cherry Liqueur Cocktails
- 6 cups Cherries. pitted
- ½ cup Vodka.
- 1 cup Brandy.
- 1 cup Sugar.
- 1 cup Water.
- 1 Cinnamon stick.
- First, we need to take out all the juice from Cherry. For that, so it in any way you like- add the cherries in the bottom of Sealable glass and muddle them or use a muddler. After taking out the juice in a container, keep it aside.
- Add the vodka, brandy and cinnamon stick to the muddled juice.
- Now, cover the jar and shake it well. Keep the jar for at least a week- at room temperature, away from the sunlight. Don’t forget to shake the jar after every few days.
- Now, combine the reserved cherry juice, sugar and water in a pan. Bring it to a boil and stir it continuously to dissolve the sugar. Now, remove the juice from the stove and let it cool down.
- Add the juice to a jar, seal it properly and shake. Keep it for another 2-4 days.
- Strain the juice in a glass jar or a bottle.
Your Cherry Liqueur is ready, and it can stay in the refrigerator for almost three months.
- Indian Salmon Curry Recipe
- Longhorn Steakhouse Salmon Recipe
- Peanut butter Cookie Cake
- Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Vegan Avocado Pasta
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
- Spinach Feta Chicken Longhorn
- Brown Rice Spaghetti
- Cauliflower and Kale
Cherry liqueur cocktails are the delight to serve on any occasion. Undoubtedly! they hold divine flavors and serves great cocktails with other drinks. However, we always recommend consuming any type of alcohol within the limit. Therefore, you will find the appropriate quantities in the above recipe.
Nevertheless, we are sure that using cherry liqueur will certainly add an exotic punch to your next party. So, what are you waiting for? Without waiting any further, let’s get on and create some amazing cocktails.