If you want to have a healthy kick in both summer and winter, Chicken Almond Ding Recipe is a perfect option available to you around the year. The name of this recipe probably makes you wonder because Chicken Almond is not a term you listen to or see every day. Let me tell you a little bit about this recipe. It belongs to Asian cuisine consisting of seasonal vegetables, full of stir-fried chicken and toasted almonds. The light sauce added to this recipe makes it the perfect blend of tastiness, healthiness, and the ultimate meal.
While craving for some good tastes, it should always be in your mind that health comes first! So before choosing a recipe, you must consider two things: know about its nutritious value and health benefits, and then it must have a finger-licking taste. So, try the Chicken Almond Ding Recipe prepared on these lines.
Chicken Almond Ding Recipe
- 1¼ lb Boneless Chicken Breast.
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil.
- 2 Cloves Garlic (minced).
- 3 cups Assorted mixed vegetables.
- 1 Can of Water Chestnuts.
- ½ cups Almonds (toasted).
- ¾ cup Chicken Broth.
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch.
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 1 tbsp Rice Vinegar.
- 1 tsp Sugar.
- 2 tbsp Hoisin Sauce.
- Salt and Black Pepper to taste.
- First of all, whisk the Chicken Broth, Cornstarch, Rice Vinegar, Hoisin sauce, Sugar, Soy Sauce in a bowl and set aside.
- Now take a large pan and heat the Vegetable Oil over medium-high heat, then put the Chicken seasoned with Salt and Black Pepper in it.
- Stir occasionally and cook it for about 3 to 5 minutes per side until Chicken turns brown.
- Then add Garlic to the pan and cook it for 30 seconds.
- Then add Vegetables into the pan, and while stirring occasionally cook it for 4 to 5minutes until the vegetables become crisp-tender. Then sprinkle some Salt and Pepper on Vegetables.
- Add Chicken Broth mixture to the saucepan, bring it to boil on high heat, and cook it for 1 minute to thicken the sauce.
- The recipe is ready, just stir in the Almonds and serve it immediately. If desired, serve it with Rice.
Tips: The underwater growing Water Chestnuts edible tubers can add mild crunch to your prepared hot entrees and cold salads. They are available either sliced or whole in a can. You just have to peel them before using them, and you can have an incredible natural sweetness of its crispier texture. Another helpful tip is that while cooking in a wok, you should add a small number of ingredients to the center of the wok. Once they start to cook, raise them and place them on the sides in a wok and add the next batch of ingredients in its center.
Chicken Almond Ding Recipe; Health Benefits
This recipe serves to be a healthy meal as all its ingredients are rich in nutrients. Almonds, Chicken, and Vegetables, all the ingredients carry a range of nutritious values by containing Carbs, Fat, Protein, Magnesium, Sodium, Vitamins, and Fiber, etc. These essential nutrients play a vital role in the strengthening and functioning of body parts. They help reduce cholesterol and blood pressure, regulate diabetes, prevent heart and other diseases, and help maintain body weight. So, you should consume such a healthy diet at least twice a week to lead a happier, healthier life ahead.
Nutritional Value Per Serving
- Dietary Fiber – 8.25 g
- Protein – 39.57 g
- Carbohydrates – 38.42 g
- Sugar – 10 g
- Fat – 27 g
- Saturated Fat – 5 g
- Cholesterol – 92.31 mg
- Vitamin A – 747 IU
- Vitamin C – 8.97 mg
- Calcium – 117.9 mg
- Potassium – 1243 mg
- Sodium – 70 mg
- Iron – 3.48 mg
Calories Count of Almond Ding Recipe
- Boneless Chicken Breast (1 ¼ lb) – 515 cal
- Vegetable Oil (1 tbsp) – 124 cal
- Garlic (2 cloves) – 4.5 cal
- Assorted mixed vegetables (3 cups) – 441 cal
- Can of Water Chestnuts – 97 cal
- Almonds (1/2 cup) – 476 cal
- Chicken Broth (3/4 cup) – 29 cal
- Cornstarch (1 tbsp) – 31 cal
- Soy Sauce (2 tbsp) – 18 cal
- Rice Vinegar (1 tbsp) – 0 cal
- Sugar (1 tsp) – 16 cal
- Hoisin Sauce (2 tbsp) – 70 cal
- Almonds can be tried in several ways to extract a variety of tastes out of it. If you want to try a few of these unique recipes, go for Swedish Almond Cake IKEA Recipe, Swiss Almond Cheese Spread Recipe, and Tastefully Simple Almond Pound Cake Copycat Recipe.
- There are wide collections of nutritious and delicious recipes that can be a perfect combination of spice and health for health-conscious and food lovers. These recipes include The Chew Salmon Recipe, Teriyaki Smoked Salmon Recipe, Texas Roadhouse Grilled Salmon Recipe, Tilapia and Spinach Recipe, Tilapia, and Quinoa Recipe, Tavern Kale Salad Recipe, and Sweet and Sour Beets Recipe.