This Chinese spinach noodles recipe is fun to make. Moreover, it is a wonderful way to add a healthy vegetable to your meal while you still get the desired flavor.
The presence of spinach in this recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
Let’s make this recipe!
Chinese Noodles Spinach
- 150 ml of water
- 330 g of bread flour
- 60 g of baby spinach
- ¼ teaspoon of salt to taste
- Luhan chinese noodle
- Add baby spinach into a blender or food processor (depending on the one available)
- Blend the baby spinach at a high speed until smooth.
- In a mixer, add bread flour, and salt. Whisk thoroughly.
- Set the mixer to low speed, add the blended spinach mixture. Allow the flour to absorb water from the spinach on each addition.
- If you are using a mixing bowl, keep stirring as you add the spinach blend gradually.
- After 5 minutes of mixing properly, the result will be a shaggy green dough, if the mixer does not give you the perfect dough you desire, then bring it out and neatly knead the dough together with your hands.
- At this point, don't add water as it will affect the texture of the noodles.
- Cover the dough with an overturned bowl and leave to rest for thirty (30) minutes. (During the time of rest, the mixture will absorb moisture and it will become more stretchy and easy to work with)
- After 30 minutes, knead the dough with your hands to eliminate any accumulated air. Knead dough into a desired ball shape.
- Cut the dough into two parts, take each of the dough parts one after the other, and roll onto a flat surface covered with flour.
- Flour both sides evenly and fold the dough to get 4 layers.
- Slice the noodles with a sharp knife to get your level of desired thickness. For a clean-cut, use a pasta cutter.
- Toss sliced noodles into flour to prevent them from sticking.
- In a pot of boiling water, add your noodles and cook for about 1 to 3 minutes. (Time depends on the thickness or thinness of flavor)
- Taste to determine if the noodles have reached a well-cooked point or not.
- Enjoy noodles with soup or your favorite sauce.
Nutritional benefits of Chinese spinach noodles
The dish is beneficial to the body as it helps with the maintenance of healthy skin, strong bones, and good hair. Also, the presence of Vitamin A in this dish contributes greatly to the growth of body tissues.
It aids digestion
The consumption of a significant amount of spinach (vegetable) excellently aids digestion.
Chinese spinach noodles contain alpha-lipoic acid. This antioxidant lowers blood sugar levels. It also increases insulin sensitivity.
How to roll and cut noodles flour
The noodle flour can be purchased in a grocery store. Moreover, you can roll it with ‘mechanical pasta maker.
However, if you do not have this equipment, simply use a rolling pin to hand-roll the flour.
After this, use a knife to cut them. During the process of cutting, ensure that you add flour to both sides to avoid getting a sticky result.
Tips on how to get perfect Chinese spinach noodles
Do not add more water to the dough
During the process of making this recipe, the dough may appear dry. This is because the flour needs time to absorb moisture from the added water. Moreover, any additional water will make the noodles sticky and gummy. You don’t want that!
Flour properly during the process of rolling and cutting
While cutting, make sure that there is a sufficient amount of flour added to the dough. This will also prevent the noodles from getting sticky.
Roll out in a thin manner
This is important for those who are hand rolling. Bear in mind that while cooking the noodles, it will expand, so roll out the dough in an extremely tiny fashion.
Measure by weight
Using a scale will help you get more accurate results.
Nutritional value: Chinese spinach noodles
- Calories: 210
- Total fat:2.5g
- Cholesterol: 53 mg
- Sodium: 389 mg
- Total carbohydrate:38.56g
- Protein: 8.02g
- Calcium: 30mg
- Iron: 1.73mg
- Potassium: 59mg
- Vitamin A: 16 mcg
- Get this brown rice quinoa pasta ready in only 20 minutes
- I hope you make this brown rice spaghetti. It is healthy, colorful and filing.
- Don’t have enough time? This brown rice pasta with broccoli takes only 15 minutes.
- Make this easy brown rice ramen, brown rice noodles with peanut sauce, brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale.
- Sometimes you get bored of having brown rice spaghetti right? But what if it is prepared with oregano, caper, and topped with crispy garfish like this recipe. I can bet you won’t be able to resist this brown rice spaghetti with oregano and olive sauce.