Imagine, huge dining table, bright lights, your favorite TV show, and laughter here and there. Yes, it’s a full family house, and No, it’s not Christmas. It’s simply a gathering of love and chatter featuring this amazing Cracker Barrel Brussel Sprouts and Kale Salad Recipe acting as the binding agent.
What’s the other way to connect and bind together if not through food? Our today’s recipe apart from adding deliciousness and health to your table serves as a specialist in beautifying family gatherings. I am sure every family member will love this meal!
Cracker Barrel Brussel Sprouts and Kale Salad Recipe
- 5 cups Kale
- 1/2 cup Pecans
- 1 pound Brussels Sprouts
- 1/2 cup Cranberries Dried
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1/2 cup Vinegar
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup Pure
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1-1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- Wash your brussel sprout and a bunch of kale, then pat them dry with the use of a towel.
- Cut the top section of the Brussel sprout and discard it. After this, chop the remaining portion of the Brussel sprouts into small pieces. Take out your kale and chop as well into small pieces.
- Get half cup of pecans and toast in a dry skillet. Do this over medium heat for around two minutes or until you notice it has become fragrant.
- Mix sprouts with five cups of chopped kale, toasted pecans, and 1/2 cup of Craisins in a big bowl.
- Prepare vinaigrette: Mix syrup, canola oil, vinegar, sugar in a quantity of 1/2 cup each. Add 1 ½ spoon of Dijon mustard as well as salt properly in a separate bowl.
- Pour salad and toss it until it coats.
- Refrigerate for a few hours
Health benefits of Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad
- Rich in Antioxidants: Kale is loaded with Antioxidants Like Quercetin and Kaempferol. According to researches, Kaempferol suppresses inflammation in colitis, which helps in the treatment of gastric ulcers. Also, this antioxidant helps in the fight against cancer.
- Rich in Fiber: Fiber helps with digestion.
- Rick in Vitamin C: Vitamin C helps collagen production. Collagen is a protein that provides structure hair, bones, and skin.
- Skin and hair: The vegetables present in this recipe make it rich in beta carotene. Beta Carotene is a compound that gives vivid yellow, orange, and red coloring to vegetables. Also, the body converts Beta Carotene into vitamin A (retinol). Moreover, vitamins help in cell growth and in maintaining organs like the kidney, lungs, and heart.
- Reduces risk of diabetes: The antioxidants present in this recipe such as ALA (alpha-linolenic acid) helps control diabetes.
What to Serve with Cracker Barrel Brussel Sprouts and Kale Salad?
Farro: Farro is a hearty and wholesome meal. Also, it has an amazing chewy texture and nutty flavor that goes perfectly with any salad recipe.
Sweet Potatoes: What other beautiful way to have your Brussels sprouts and kale than to pair them with sweet potatoes?
Lemon Basil Dressing: This is one healthy way to make your salad look beautiful, attractive, and more nutritious.
- To remove stems from kale, hold the stem in one hand and strip leaves along the stem away from you.
- You can cranberries for apples and grapes.
- The fresh fruit in this recipe could be replaced with nuts.
- To get a different flavor, replace the roasted potatoes with pumpkin.
Nutritional Value: Brussel Sprouts and Kale Salad
- Calories: 357kcal
- Sugar: 31g
- Protein: 5g
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Potassium: 503m
- Vitamin A: 4598IU
- Vitamin C: 97 mg
- Fat: 21g
- Saturated fat: 12g
- Potassium: 503mg
- Calcium: 116mg
- Sodium: 334mg
- Fiber: 3g
- Iron: 2mg
- Carbohydrate: 42g
Want More? Try These Delicious and Nutritious Salads
- Satisfy your pasta cravings with Orzo Spinach Salad and enjoy a guilt-free salad delight.
- Whip up the famous salad at home and satiate yourself on these yummy superfoods with the Whole Foods Black Beans and Quinoa Salad.
- The Whole Foods Salmon Salad – the perfect recipe for seafood lovers, break the monotony of leafy salads with this scrumptious recipe.
- Whole Foods Kale and Cranberry Salad – health and deliciousness in one meal? This recipe is the sure winner.
- The Wilted Kale Salad – have stale kale that will probably go bad? Salvage it with this delicious salad and have your fill!
- Applebee’s Spinach and Shrimp Salad – another seafood favorite.
- The Barbuto Kale Salad – This one is a must-try.
- The Tavern Kale Salad – not a fan of the bitter kale? This salad will make you reconsider!