This cream of spinach soup recipe by food Network is a brilliant way to include spinach in your diet.
Also, the spinach adds a dazzling and rich taste to this recipe. Apart from being invigorating, this soup is also very light and delicious.
There is a big bonus: The taste of the spinach is mild and flavorful. Thus, if you aren’t a fan of greeneries, you may change your mind after having this recipe. No cap!
Cream of Spinach Soup Food Network
- 10 ounces of fresh spinach
- ½ medium chopped onion
- ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 3 cups of whole milk
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoons of cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 cloves of finely minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- Place a large skillet on medium heat.
- Heat olive oil, add spinach and garlic, and leave to cook. Stir constantly until you have wilted spinach, this should take about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the prepared mixture into a food processor and add ¼ cup of hot water. Pulse until pureed then set aside.
- In a large soup pot, add chopped onions and cook until it gets soft.
- Sprinkle flour over and stir to combine properly.
- Cook for 2 minutes, pour in prepared milk, and stir from time to time.
- Add salt, cayenne, and black pepper. Stir well until you have it properly combined.
- Cook for 5 minutes over medium heat while stirring constantly.
- Add pureed spinach, cook until it is thickened. This should take about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper, or cayenne if necessary.
Healthy benefits of Cream of spinach soup recipe
Good for weight management
This spinach soup is low in calories and fat. All vegetables contain few calories and a little amount of fat. Also, the low constituent of fat in this recipe makes it a good option for weight loss.
Increases energy level
Iron is an essential mineral required by the body for blood circulation. The protein in the body also contains red blood cells (hemoglobin). It is responsible for the transportation of oxygen to tissues all through the body. The iron contained in this recipe is good for kids and is needed by children, adults, and even menstruating women.
Spinach, like other green vegetables, contains antioxidants. The antioxidants in this recipe help to slow down the decline of cognitive abilities as well as mental performance. This will also help with the improvement of learning capacities. This recipe may also aid the absorption of Vitamin E in the body.
The soup has nutrients that provide anti-inflammatory properties. More so, these anti-inflammatory properties help to reduce possible inflammation available all through the body. Moreover, chronic inflammation contributes strongly to migraines, asthma, headaches, and arthritis in the long run.
Improves bone health
Spinach is a good source of Vitamin K. The function of vitamin K cuts across several areas. Firstly, vitamin K is important for blood clotting. Also, vitamin K plays an important role in controlling bone metabolism. This is because it synthesizes osteocalcin, an important protein for maintaining bone health.
What can I serve with cream of spinach soup?
With a cookie cutter, cut your bread into desired shapes. Also, mix butter, herbs, and black pepper in a bowl. Finally, apply the combination to the bread and bake until it becomes crisp and golden. Bacon topping.
Having a healthy bacon topping with your soup provides the body with healthy nutrients and the taste is extraordinary as well.
After preparing the soup, drizzle cream and crumble crispy bacon over it.
Also, with simple ingredients like olive oil, finely chopped onions, carrots, vegetables, double cream, and streaky bacon, you can make this recipe.
This recipe is also as amazing as the previous ones we have listed above. After preparing your sweet cream spinach soup, serve in bowls according to your desired size. Lay a piece of octopus in the center of the soup. Also, add a dollop of spinach and red pepper. Saute and enjoy.
Can I prepare this recipe with frozen spinach?
This recipe can be prepared with frozen spinach. In this case, you need to wait for evaporation to take place, bearing in mind that the spinach has extra water.
Can I freeze my cream of spinach soup?
Whether you want to make this recipe for future use or you simply have some leftovers, you can always refrigerate. However, if you are preparing this recipe to be used later, leave out the heavy cream. Then, when you are to use it, simply defrost, add the cream and serve.
Can I make this recipe while on a Keto diet?
Yes, you can. However, the keto diet doesn’t support all-purpose flour. But don’t worry, there are still different types of flours you can use.
Nutritional fact: Cream of Spinach soup recipe
- Protein: 6g
- Carbohydrate: 9g
- Fat: 9.6g
- Riboflavin: 0.2mg
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin): 0.3mg
- Vitamin E: 1mg
- Calcium: 145.4mg
- Iron 3.8mg
- Sugars 1.9g
- Sodium: 310.3mg
- Dietary fiber: 3.4g
- This Chili’s spinach dip is my favorite. Also, it takes just 10 minutes to get it ready!
- The presence of spinach in this Chinese spinach noodles recipe gives the dish a brilliant color and a great nutrient boost.
- A family get-together can never go wrong with a perfect blend of fresh spinach, cheese, and milk. This chili white spinach queso recipe is nutritious and pocket-friendly.
- This Cheddars spinach dip recipe is one-of-a-kind and is perfected after several trials.
- How about a Chicken Spinach Feta Sausage Recipe? Yummy!
- You will love this Lawry’s creamed spinach recipe.
- Try this Cheddar Santa Fe’s spinach dip recipe