The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook by Ina Garten has some of the best recipes I have ever tried. They’re minimalistic, where you use what you have in your pantry and make tasty meals layered with flavor. The Grilled Salmon Salad Recipe Barefoot Contessa is one such recipe. If you prepare the grilled salmon beforehand, all you need to do is mix all the ingredients and you’re done!
Sounds simple doesn’t it? Let’s begin!
Barefoot Contessa’s Salmon Salad Recipe
- 2 salmon fillet
- 1 cup celery stalks, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, minced
- 2 tbsp capers, drained
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lemon cut into wedges
- Place the salmon fillet on a flat surface and rub 1 tablespoon oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and pepper into the surface
- Place into a preheated grilled at 350 degrees F
- Let the fish grilled for 20 minutes, till it starts to flake with a fork
- Remove the salmon from the grill and wrap it in plastic and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours
- Once the salmon has cooled down, take it out of the fridge and unwrap
- Remove any remaining skin and break it into chunks in a large bowl
- Add the celery, onions, caper, vinegar, dill, olive oil, salt, and pepper into the bowl
- Mix the ingredients well, till the salmon is coated
- Top the salad off with cilantro and wedges
- Serve the salad chilled or at room temperature
Tips for this recipe
- You can prepare the salmon a night before and assemble the salad after coming home
- The salad can be stored in the fridge for 1 week
- You can eat the salad with other fishes like tuna or trout
The Grilled Salmon Salad by Barefoot Contessa is ready to serve! The grilled salmon adds most of the texture to the salad as well as acting as the base for all the flavors. This recipe is easy to prepare and versatile, you can pair it with any snack. Rest assured that it will be a treat to eat!
Love Barefoot Contessa’s recipes? Indulge in their Spinach Pie, it’s out of this world!
Barefoot Contessa and Ina Garten
Ina Garten is a 73-year old 3-time Emmy winning cookbook author from New York, US. She is a prominent and well-respected figure in the world of American Cooking. Before starting her career with Barefoot Contessa, Ina used to work for the White House as a Budget Analyst. She published The Barefoot Contessa Cookbook in 1999 and would go on to write 11 more cookbooks. The name Barefoot Contessa comes from a shop she bought in the Hamptons in 1979.
More salad recipes coming your way!
If you liked the Grilled Salmon Salad Recipe Barefoot Contessa then here are some more salad recipes for you to try out. However, most of the time salad is often portrayed as sad rabbit food, which is far from the truth. You can add seasonings and dips to make the salad more delicious. Here are some delicious recipes you can’t miss out on:
- Keeping true to salmon salad, make the Whole Foods Salmon Salad Recipe
- For a high protein, low-carb meal try the succulent Copper River Salmon with Bean Salad Recipe
- Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad make a great combo
- Cracker Barrel’s Brussel Sprout and Kale Salad is a plant-based, green and healthy salad recipe
- Make an Easy and Healthy Quinoa Salad at home
Try the good ol’ salmon
We’re guilty of being salmon fanatics. What can I say, we love salmon! Salmon is such a spectacular lean meat, it’s packed with nutrients like omega-3s and good fats to keep our body healthy. Its health benefits aren’t the only reason we love salmon. It’s such an easy dish to cook! You can add any seasoning to salmon and it will taste fantastic.
Don’t believe us? Try the Bahama Breeze Pan Seared Salmon Pasta and you’ll never look at pasta without imagining salmon. Make a delectable baked salmon with a handful of some of the most common seasonings. Salmon is eaten all over the world as it transcends cuisines. Look at the Thai Basil Salmon as one good example.
For a lovely summer picnic recipe, make the Bonefish Grill Salmon and enjoy it with your loved ones. The Big Green Egg Smoked Salmon is seasoned to perfection and beautifully grilled. Douse your fillet in some whiskey and enjoy the divine Cheddars Bourbon Glazed Salmon.