I love salads, especially when they’re made the right way. This is why I love trying out different salad recipes and pairing them up with various meat recipes. For a lot of people who don’t like salads, this Honor Bar Kale Salad recipe you have got to try out. The combo of spicy peanut dressing, parmesan cheese, and coleslaw will make you forget the bitter taste of kale! It’s the perfect comfort food.
Let’s get started!
Honor Bar Kale Salad Recipe
For the salad
- 10 oz kale, shredded
- 1.5 cups coleslaw
- 1 lbs boneless chicken, shredded
- 1 cup freshly chopped mint leaves
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- 3 green onions, sliced
For the peanut dressing
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Slice the boneless chicken into small cubes and cook in an instant pot for about 9-12 minutes
- Add in salt and black pepper as per taste
- Once cooked, shred the chicken with a fork and set it aside
- Take a large mixing bowl and add chopped kale along with other ingredients
- Toss everything together
- Add parmesan cheese
- Mix all the ingredients for the peanut dressing and store in an airtight container
- Pour in the dressing at least 20 minutes prior to serving so the dressing is nicely immersed into your salad
- If any of the dressing is left, you can serve it on the side
- Lastly, garnish with peanuts
And we’re done, wasn’t that quick and simple! A lot of people dislike kale because of its better taste but they also want to benefit from its health benefits. Fortunately, thanks to the huge variety of herbs and spices that allow us to add flavor.
Storing The Kale Salad
It is not advisable to store the salad once mixed with the peanut dressing. Make only as much as you can eat at one time. With the soy sauce and the vinegar, the salad does not stay fresh and gives off a pungent smell. Instead, you can store freshly washed kale in a Ziploc bag and store it for 3-5 days.
More Salad Recipes
- If you’re a picky eater and just can’t eat raw vegetables, try out Stir Fry Cabbage Spinach. It’s cooked with mustard seeds, cumin powder, and lentils, making it a nice, spicy meal for your taste buds. You can pair it up with rice or even bread.
- Tired of oh-so-dry salads? Try out this Bobby Flay Kale recipe. All you need to do is saute the kale and prepare a buttery, creamy sauce with chopped kale to give your salad a juicy, flavorful taste.
- Add flair to your salads by adding pasta! If you’re running errands and need to pack a quick lunch, Whole Foods Orzo Spinach Recipe is the best one out there. If you’re a cheese lover, you’ll definitely relish the black olives and feta cheese alongside pasta and spinach.
- Go for a flavorful salad like the Whole Foods Garlicky Kale recipe. It’s low-calorie and literally takes 10 minutes to prepare!
- Wanna have a colorful salad? Try out the Wilted Kale Salad and enjoy the burst of flavors with kale, chickpeas, tomatoes, potatoes, and sesame seeds. Also, you might want to pair up this hearty salad with a fruity smoothie!
- Whole Foods Cranberry Kale salad is another mighty, nutritious salad you must try! The sweet flavor of cranberry balances out the bitter taste of kale pretty well. Additionally, you can pour in some Dijon mustard or other homemade salad dressings.
Side Dishes With Honor Bar Kale Salad
How about a crispy appetizer? Try out this Chicken Stuffed With Pepper Jack Cheese Spinach recipe. It might sound ordinary but it’s actually a mind-blowing recipe to pair up with your salad.
The fact that it isn’t very oily makes it a good option for calorie-conscious people.
Who can say no to potato pancakes? Warm, vegan potato pancakes along with a healthy kale salad are the perfect meal for a lazy weekend.
Soups and salads go hand in hand! If you’re under the weather or just want to have something savory, try out almond milk soup or wild spinach soup. You can tweak them by adding your favorite spices and herbs. Additionally, pair up the soups with gluten-free pita bread.