Juicy burgers are fun, and sauce makes it all larger than life. Burgers are supposed to have a saucy topper, and when it comes to the sauce for fish, nothing can beat tangy tartar sauce. And, for making tartar sauce for the salmon burger recipe, you don’t need many ingredients. You would love the taste of mayonnaise and dill pickle in the sauce. This recipe will show you how to make tartar sauce and salmon burgers both at home in the simplest manner. I am sure your kids will love this formula.
Making Tartar Sauce for Salmon Burger Recipe
Ingredients in Tartar Sauce
While most people prefer canned tartar sauce, it's easy to prepare it at home. Tartar sauce is created using a few common ingredients that you probably already have on hand.
- 1 tbsp Mayonnaise. Not salad dressing
- 2 tsp Dill pickle. Minced
- 2 tbsp Pickle juice. Dill
- 2 tbsp Buttermilk.
- 2 tbsp Yellow or white Onion. Minced
- 1 tbsp Capers. Drained and Minced
- 1 tbsp Flat-leaf Parsley. Minced
- Half a lemon. Juiced.
- ½ tsp White Pepper.
- ½ tsp kosher salt.
Salmon burger ingredients
- 1½ pounds Salmon Fillets. Peeled, Cubed into 1-inch Cubes, and Chilled
- 2 tbsp Small onion. Finely Chopped
- 1 tbsp Capers Rinsed and Chopped
- 1 tsp Mustard Dijon
- 1 oz Baby spinach. Lightly Packed
- 1 Small red onion. Thinly Sliced
- 1 Big Tomato. Thinly Sliced
- Four split and toasted hamburger buns.
Tartar Sauce: A Step-by-Step Guide;
- It just takes a few minutes to mince the ingredients for this homemade tartar sauce, and then it's all about combining. So, mix all the ingredients in a bowl and taste it. If you need, then add more lemon juice, salt, or pepper.
- You can store this sauce for up to one day in the refrigerator.
Salmon burger preparation;
- Pulse half of the salmon until roughly chopped. Please continue with the remaining salmon, chopping it in the same manner and adding it to the bowl. Combine the shallot, capers, mustard, and 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Form into four 3/4-inch-thick patties, arrange on a large greased platter, cover with plastic wrap, and chill.
- In a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat until shimmering. Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the salmon burgers (straight from the refrigerator; the cold temperature will help them stick together). Cook until the other side is browned and the burgers are just a bit pink in the center, about 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Over each bun, layer the spinach, onion, and two tomato slices; top with the burgers and a dollop of the tartar sauce; cover with the top of the bun and serve.
Nutritional Value of the Ingredients
Besides, salmon is one of the most nutrient-dense fish and provides a variety of health benefits. Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3fatty acids, vitamin B12, and other vital components that promote hair and skin health. Salmon is one of the most popular fish globally due to its delicious flavor and numerous health advantages.
Pro Tips for the Recipe
- Fry the salmon on a low flame to properly cook it from inside.
- Serve with potato chips to enjoy it more.
- Remember that you can store this salmon fish patty in the refrigerator for one month without any taste changes.
Do you like this easy recipe for making tartar sauce at home? We would love to hear from you. If you want to have more recipes like this one, check out Brown Rice Crackers, Brown Rice Pasta With Broccoli And Kale, Silken Tofu, Silken Tofu Berry Smoothie, Tofu scramble, Tofu burger, Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter, and 5-Minute Silken Tofu Scramble.
Try famous Salmon Burgers with this simple Homemade Tartar Sauce as a nutritious and time-saving appetizer or side dish. Making tartar sauce for salmon burger recipe takes under 20 minutes and is very easy to make.