This Mashed Beets Recipe is dedicated to all Beet lovers out there. It’s a smooth thick curry with a perfect balance between sweetish, saltish, and sourish tastes. I bet that with just one bite of this creamy delight, you won’t be able to stop yourself from having it forever.
People have started using Mashed Beets as an alternative to Mashed Potatoes. Yes! It is that good. You get the same butteriness and oh-so-yummy taste of the Mashed Potatoes and Beets sweetness.
This recipe is great for people who want to enjoy low-calorie food. So, without further ado, let’s UPBEAT the life with this amazing Mashed Beets Recipe.
Mashed Beets Recipe
- 2½ pounds Beets.
- 1 Potato.
- 3 tbsp Butter.
- Lemon. Half
- Salt. To taste
Let's get into the details on how to make these ooey-gooey and smooth as ever Beets:
- Cooking the beets takes time, so to start, pour some water in a pan, enough for the Beets to be dipped in properly
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze half of it in the pot and save the other half for later.
- Now add in your beets and potato and let them boil until soft and tender. Check with a fork or a knife.
- Once the beets and potatoes are boiled, take them off the heat, strain the water, and let them sit under cold water for a minute to cool them down slightly.
- Keep the aside for 10 minutes to let them cool down a little.
- After they have cooled down, remove the skin of both beets and potatoes. Chop the beets and potatoes into little cubes.
- This is where your food processor is the hero. Throw your beets and potato cubes in the processor. Let the food processor do its thing and mash up both the veggies real quick.
- Once done, you will get a puree texture.
- Add in your butter and salt and blend again until you get a smooth puree.
- If you want a thick consistency, then you end your work here, but if you want it to be a little thin, you can add a dash of milk, and that should do the job for you.
- Voila! Your delicious and fresh puree is ready.
Pro Tips and Tricks
While trying out this Mashed Beets Recipe, I learned quite a few tips and tricks to make them perfect. Here’s what I have for you:
- Though there is no need to add the Potato, we recommend that you do because it will help give more creaminess to the Mashed Beets
- Do not forget to add lemon. This will help to retain the color of the Beets and give a fresh and tangy taste
- Peel the skin off of the Beets after you have boiled them. It will be much easier.
How to Store Mashed Beets Recipe?
The best way to store Mashed Beets is to put them in an air-tight container in the refrigerator. These will stay good for 3-4 days.
Beets Means Health
This recipe takes about 45 minutes to an hour to cook and is enough to serve two people. It has 70 calories/half-cup serving. There are many reasons that you should consume Beets:
- Helps to better your digestive system
- Helps fight against inflammations
- Keeps your blood pressure in check and prevents heart diseases
Mashed Beets Recipe; Nutritional Facts
- 0 percent fat
- 90 percent carbohydrates
- 10 percent proteins
Following are some of the recipes that you must try:
- Tired of eating the same old salads, try this Apple-Bees Spinach and Shrimp Salad, Kale Salad, or Tavern Kale Salad
- If you are a smoothie lover, try Tropical Peanut Butter Smoothie, You can also try the Peanut Butter Banana Juice
- For the Peanut Butter lovers out there, try Egg rolls with Peanut Butter, Celery with Peanut Butter, Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie.
- We hope you try our Mashed Beets Recipe; if you do, do let us know how it turned out for you in the comments below.