Looking for an easy-to-bake and fun-to-make recipe to keep your kids entertained over the weekend? Well, we hear you! To keep your toddlers busy playing with the crunchy almonds and healthy, while you enjoy the oven baking. Here is an easy, mouthwatering, and nutritious Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe.
This recipe not only makes a delicious snack but ensures that the nutritional requirements are fulfilled too. We know it can be daunting to get your family to eat something healthy while all they want is to munch on a sweet snack.
Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
- 5 tbsp Unsalted butter softened.
- 3 oz Cream cheese softened.
- 1 ¼ cup All-purpose flour.
- ¼ tsp Salt.
- ½ cup Raspberry Jam or seedless raspberry preserves.
- 2 tsp Large eggs.
- 1 cup Granulated sugar.
- ½ cup Ground almond or almond extract.
- 1 cup Chopped Almonds.
- 1 tsp Lemon extract.
- There are two different aspects to raspberry almond tart. The first aspect is making the exterior crust. Then the next is the filling. Both are equally important and have their own ingredients and preparations requirements.
First, we’ll explore the outside crust:
- Take an electric mixer. You can use a manual mixer as well, but an electric mixer is recommended. On medium speed, beat the butter and cream cheese together. Continue mixing the batter until it is light and creamy.
- Once it’s finished, add the flour and the salt. Mix the batter until it is fully blended. Your dough is now prepared. Cover it and let it cool for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. You can lightly grease the muffincups. This recipe is meant for smaller cups, so it would make sense for you to use mini muffin cups.
- Shape the dough into small balls. They should be around one inch in diameter. Place each ball into one mini muffin cup. Carefully press evenly into the bottom and move the batter up the sides of each cup. This will form your crust. You can weigh the whole dough beforehand and divide it by however number of tarts you’re going to make. That way, it’ll be easier to divide the dough.
For the filling, you need to create a different paste:
- Take your raspberry jam or preserves and add around half a teaspoon into each tart. Now comes the topping. You can change this up as you see fit, but here are the basics.
- Mix the egg, 2 teaspoons of sugar, and the almond extract. Beat it thoroughly into a paste until it is smooth. Add a few chopped almonds as well if you like.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, or until the tarts are golden brown. Once it’s done, take it out and cool in pans on a wire rack for around five to ten minutes. Once it’s cool enough to touch, you can remove the tarts from the pans to cool completely.
- You can add an extra layer of topping as well. Sprinkle some or maybe sugar. You can also drizzle it with lemon juice from the top.
- Your Raspberry Almonds Tarts are ready. They can be frozen for up to 1 month. Enjoy!
Nutritional Information in Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe
One serving of Raspberry Almond Tart Recipe contains;
- 250 calories
- 17g Fat
- 50ml Cholesterol
- 8g Saturated Fat
- 23g Carbohydrates
- 3g Insoluble Fiber
- 4g Protein
- 90ml sodium.
How Can You Store Raspberry Tart?
The thought of having a decadent snack waiting for me in the fridge once I reach home sometimes helps me to survive through the hectic schedule, and if it were a raspberry almond tart, then you would not even hear me complaining!
You can store these tarts in an airtight container in the fridge for 7-10 days, and for a month in the freezer. Next time you know your days are going to be busy, make a few extra batches and store them so that you have a snack on the go when your kid throws up a tantrum!
Here are Some Fun-to-Try Snack Recipes!
Raspberry almond tarts are a really fun snack that can be frozen and eaten up anytime, anywhere. However, there are a lot of similar snacks as well that you can try. For example:
- If you like Almonds, try a Lemon Almond Biscotti, Chocolate Almond Croissant, or maybe the Crispy Almond Cookies. Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream
- If you’re a big fan of peanut butter, you can try Egg Rolls with Peanut Butter, the Vitamix Peanut Butter, Celery with Peanut Butter, Peanut Butter Cookie Cakes, or the Chocolate Chip Peanut Butter Pie.