People believe that faith is the cure that heals many problems, while a good salmon recipe beats them all!
Tasty, versatile, and jam-packed with healthy nutrients, Salmon is loved by all. However, no matter how much I crave salmon, I do not have the patience to slow cook it or marinate it for hours and hours. Hence, today we are covering Real Simple Salmon Recipe for your ease of enjoying Salmon in the most simple manner.
These best simple Salmon recipes take only a few minutes and are really easy to cook.
Real Simple Salmon Recipe
- 2 tbsp Ginger & garlic powder or paste.
- 2 tbsp Fresh or dried basil.
- 1 tsp Salt (you can adjust it to your taste).
- 1 tbsp Mix herb spices.
- 12 oz Salmon fillet.
- 4 tbsp Olive oil.
- 6 pcs Lemon wedges.
- 1 tsp Lemon juice (you can skip this if you do not like the citrusy hint to your salmon).
- Mix the herbs, salt, lemon juice, ginger garlic paste well together, and rub both sides of each salmon fillet.
- Take a big skillet and heat the butter/oil on medium-high flame.
- Cook the salmon in the skillet until the skin gets nice, crispy, and golden. (This should take 4-5minutes for each side for each fillet).
- Serve hot with the lemon wedges or any side combo you prefer, such as sautéed veggies.
Where a majority of people fall head over heels for a good seafood recipe, some might cringe at the sight of salmon because they do not like the “fishy” smell and taste of it.
Well, if you are not a salmon-lover, you have been cooking it wrong. However, when cooked rightly, the smell and taste will bring your family and kids running to the dinner table, and with this recipe, I bet they will want a second serving, so prepare a second batch simultaneously.
With salmon, here are a few recipes that you can try!
- For a hassle-free cook, try the Walmart Salmon Recipe
- For a wholesome meal, get your hands on Valerie Bertinelli’s Salmon Recipe
- If you love nuts and salmon together, give a try to Walnut Slaw Recipe
- If you are watching your weight, then Baked Salmon Rolls are your go-to!
Salmon- What are Nutritional Benefits?
Salmon is not only good for your taste buds but your health too!
Native to the North Atlantic, Salmon is a popular food dish in many parts of the world and often intermixed with American cuisine.
Rich in protein, potassium, vitamin B-6, B-12, and omega 3 fatty acids, salmon has slightly high cholesterol. This is why too much daily consumption is not recommended to convert a healthy dish into a platter of diseases.
The caloric value for salmon is 208kCal per 100 grams.
Which Side Combos Go with Simple Salmon?
Even if you are on a diet and grilled or Poached Salmon is a boring yet the only leisure food on your menu right now, you can pair it with many interesting combinations to liven up the taste and your life.
Honey mustard dip, garlic sauce, sautéed or pan-fried vegetables, Brown Rice Crackers are a few of the many delicious options that can take your simple salmon recipe to the next level.
How to Store?
People like me who are either on a tight schedule or lazy on other days and do not feel like cooking a meal, pre-cooked food in the refrigerator are our savior.
Although almost any food can be frozen or refrigerated for days and even months, salmon is not one of them. You can store raw salmon all you want in the freezer for a couple of months. But cooked salmon? That is a big no.
Because it will not only kill the decadent taste of it but its health benefits too.
Get the Best of Salmon!
With salmon, either your family will fall in love, or you need to work some more on the salmon cooking skills!
Try this fail-proof real simple Salmon Recipe and experience an explosion of flavors with every bite; it’s time to get your taste buds dancing.