Watermelon is one of the most enjoyed fruit during summers. And making a refreshing watermelon mule out of it certainly pampers your taste buds with a heavenly treat. It serves as a perfect blend of freshness, taste, and aroma, altogether.
Mule is the word used for drinks that have ginger beer as a basic ingredient. This is a popular summer drink from Moscow mules that gives a soothing effect, with a strong kick that comes from the Gin.
There are two ways to make a watermelon mule (juice); one is straight-up watermelon juice, whereas the second has an additional twist to it. Let’s check them out;
Watermelon Mule Recipe
- ⅓ cup Watermelon Juice.
- ⅓ cup Ginger Beer.
- ¼ cup Vodka.
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice. (depends on how much citrusy flavor you like with the watermelon taste)
- Ice Cubes, (depending on how chilled you would like the drink)
- Lemon. A thinly cut slice for garnishing
Method 1 :
- Cut the Watermelon into small size cubes (you don’t have to deseed it).
- Freeze them for a few hours (optional).
- Put the cubes (frozen or room temperature) in a blender.
- Blend the cubes until they are puree form.
- Strain the puree in a fine strainer (you will get half the amount of the cubes, for example, if you had 1 cup of cubes, you would get ½ cup of juice).
Method 2 :
- This is a long process and involves cooking.
- Follow Method 1 for juicing process.
- When the juice is ready, pour it into a saucepan.
- Turn the heat on.
- Add half the quantity of sugar to it. Like, if you have ½ cup of juice, add 1/4 cup of sugar to it.
- Cook this concoction till the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the heat off once this juice is of a little thicker consistency.
- Let it cool.
Tips to Make Perfect Watermelon Mule
- Add all the above ingredients except the lemon slice to your serving glass. Give it a good mix. Let it sit for a minute for the flavors to combine well.
- Garnish with the lemon slice. You can also garnish with mint leaves and watermelon slices.
- To make it strong, add more vodka to it.
- Blend a few mint leaves with watermelon to make your drink more minty.
- If you don’t prefer sugar (using method 2 for making the watermelon drink), use honey instead.
- Make it fresh, and don’t keep it for too long, else the drink will loose its taste.
- This is a dairy-free plant-based drink. Safe for people with allergies.
With this gluten-free, dairy-free drink, there are some tasty snacks and brunch dishes that you can try to make your hot afternoons relaxing.
- Almond-Crusted French Toast
- Paula Deen Peanut Butter Fudge
- Almond Shortbread Cookies
- Crepes With Almond Milk
- Almond Pralines
- Burnt Almond
- Almond Jelly with Lychee
- Whipped Peanut Butter
Refreshing watermelon mule is the answer to your thirst in summers!