Crunchy! Sugar Peas; also known as Snap Peas are one of the easiest and delicious vegetables you will ever eat! The incredible fact about these peas is that their entire pod is edible and they can be consumed raw. Cooking these peas lightly maintains their crunchy texture and enhances their flavor and sweetness. Snap peas are said to be a mixture of snow peas and garden peas.
Surprisingly, you can serve them in different variations such as sauteed side-dish, or raw with some spice added to them. In addition, they offer countless health benefits, and many people use them while dieting due to their low-fat calories content!
Traditional and Delicious Sugar Peas Recipes!
Below are a few of the best, easy-to-cook, and traditional recipes for you.
The tempting Quick Asian Summer Snap Peas are a perfect side-line for any lunch or dinner recipe!
Quick Asian Summer Snap Peas
- 2 cups Sugar Snap Peas.
- 2 tbsp Cooking oil.
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce or tamari sauce. whichever you like.
- 4 Garlic cloves. Fresh, Minced
- 1 tbsp Sesame oil. for adding a special flavor
- ½ cup Sesame seeds. for presentation and adding more depth of flavour
- In a large skillet, add oil and heat at medium heat. Then add garlic and ginger to the skillet and saute them for 1 minute.
- Add Sugar Peas and Soy Sauce and stir them for at least 5-7 minutes
- Turn off the heat and add Sesame oil.
- Now sprinkle the Sesame seeds on the Peas.
This is the easiest and delicious Sugar Peas recipe you will ever come across! Soy-Glazed Sugar Peas are simple to cook but turns out to be super magical!
Soy-Glazed Sugar Peas
- 2 tbsp Butter.
- 3 cups Sugar Peas.
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 2½ tbsp Lemon Juice.
- ½ tbsp Pepper.
- Take a large skillet and add Butter in it. On medium heat melt the butter.
- Add Sugar Peas and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add Lemon juice and Soy sauce and stir them for a few minutes.
- Cook the Peas properly until they are tender but should be crisp too.
- Take the Peas in a bowl and sprinkle Pepper over it.
The flavorful Soy Glazed Sugar Peas are ready to be munched on! Enjoy!
How to Perfectly Use Sugar Peas?
- You can use them in multiple ways; like you can saute them, roast them, cook them, stir-fry them, and can even serve them raw- add a few spices for an enhanced flavor.
- Always use them fresh in your recipes; for an enriching flavour
- They can be added to salads and looks super presentable to
- You can add sesame seeds, oregano, or other seeds as well in the leas to enhance their presentation
- They are a perfect side dish that can be served with your lunch or dinner meals.
Cuisine, Health Benefits and Other Facts About Sugar Peas
There has always been a debate over the origin of sugar peas, but the majority believe that they originated from Central Asia or the Middle East. In addition, they offer many health and nutritional benefits- as they are rich in vitamins, minerals, and potassium. Furthermore, they are good for bone health, enhance immunity, and are good for digestive health!
The single serving of Sugar Peas (3/4th of a cup) consists of around 40 calories, but calories also vary when used it in different dishes and recipes!
Mouth-Watering Recipe Recommendations
- Fried Beets
- Crispy Almond Cookies
- Almond Tea Cake
- Cherry Almond Biscotti
- Paula Deen Creamed Spinach Recipe
- Peanut Butter Banana Juice
- Classic Hummus
- Almond joy coffee creamer
- Irish cooked Salmon
- Mediterranean Crusted Salmon
We hope you enjoyed the article and will try out these scrumptious recipes. Nevertheless, Do let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!