I miss those childhood days when I’d wait for the ice cream truck every evening during the summer holidays. The Almond Ice Cream was my favorite, it was so creamy and the toasted almonds were super crunchy. Adulthood opened my eyes to the absurd amount of sugars those goodies used to have, which is why this toasted almond ice cream bar recipe is perfect if you’re experiencing childhood nostalgia.
Don’t wait for the ice cream truck, make your own low sugar ice cream! Let’s go!
Keto-Friendly Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bar Recipe
- 1.5 cups ground almonds
- 1.5 cups heavy cream
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup all-natural sweetener
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- 1 cup almonds
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp amaretto liqueur
- 3 quarts ice cubes
- Slice the whole almonds in half and line a baking tray with parchment paper
- Preheat your oven to 340 degrees F
- Sprinkle salt over the almonds and place the tray in the oven
- Let the almonds bake for 5 minutes or till golden brown, remove the tray from the oven, and set aside
- In a large plastic bowl, place the ice cubes, and then over the cubes place a smaller plastic bowl
- This will be our ice bath, place it in the fridge
- Fill up a pot with water up to the half level mark
- In a separate heat-proof bowl add the egg yolks, sweetener, and heavy cream, whisk till well combined
- Place this bowl over the pot and turn on the stove to medium heat
- Cook the cream mixture by whisking it constantly till it’s thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
- Once the mixture is cooked turn off the flame and strain the cream mixture into the ice bath
- Add almond extract, ground almonds, lime juice, amaretto, and salt into the cream
- Mix it all well, the ice bath will chill the cream mixture
- Place it in the fridge to chill for 4 to 5 hours
- Once the mixture is chilled through, pour it through an ice cream maker and let it churn
- Sprinkle the toasted slivered almonds onto the silicone mold
- As the ice cream starts to firm up, pour it into molds and top each off with toasted almonds
- Cover the molds with plastic and place them in the freezer and let them freeze overnight
- Remove from silicone molds and add sticks to enjoy!
Tips for this recipe
- You can add your choice of nuts like pecans or macadamia, remember substitute almond extract with vanilla
- If you prefer sweeter ice cream, add a cup of whole milk to the recipe and substitute powdered sugar instead of sweetener
- Store the bars by wrapping each in plastic and freezing in a container
- The ice cream bars can be stored for 15 days
Sweet and delicious Toasted Almond Ice Cream Bar is ready! Now you can enjoy yourself and reminisce your childhood memories while still being a responsible adult with your low sugar bars. Even Alexander the Great used to enjoy flavored ice!
An Abundance of Recipes
Before you rush to your kitchen to whip up this recipe, wait, we have more! If you want vegan ice cream then try the Vanilla Swiss Almond Ice Cream and Coconut Ice Cream, they’re healthy and delicious! Learn how to make gluten-free ice cream and enjoy your favorite flavors!
Almond Burfi is a tasty traditional dessert, enjoy it with a delightful Cheesecake Almond Cone. The Almond Delight Cake is truly a delight with its sweet ganache. Speaking of cake, make sure to try the Burnt Almond Cake, it’ll satisfy all your cravings. For a simple and easy dessert that melts in your mouth, the Almond Milk Flan is perfect!
Here Are Some More Recipes To Try
- Nibble on Almond Crisp Cookies while enjoying your favorite TV show
- Enjoy fruits and jelly on a hot summer day with the Almond Float Recipe
- Enjoy the Almond Joy Martini Cocktail when you get home from work, a perfect drink to let yourself loose with
You can’t let yourself loose with the Sicilian Almond Granite, all the way from Sicily!
Other than that, do try out the toasted almond ice cream bar recipe and let us know in the comments how good it tasted.