One fantastic bread that can satisfy your cravings and assure you of a lip-smacking taste is wholemeal lavash bread.
This bread originated from Armenia. Also, it is a thin flatbread with a circle shape. Above all, I love the fact that it is easy to make.
Let’s make this recipe!
Wholemeal Lavash Bread
- 1/4 cup of ordinary yogurt or water
- 2 cups of wholemeal lavash flour
- 2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoonfuls of olive oil
- 1 teaspoonful of salt
- 1/4 teaspoonfuls of dry yeast
- 1/4 cup of warm water
- Get a large bowl ready and pour in some warm water. Sprinkle in your dry yeast and mix until it dissolves totally.
- Add salt and pour in your yogurt. Make a firm dough but adding in your wholemeal lavash flour and combining it with a sufficient amount of all-purpose flour.
- Transfer dough to your board and knead for about 10 minutes until it’s soft and smooth. Mold into a circle shape.
- Get another bowl ready and sprinkle in some olive oil. Move the soft dough into this bowl and cover for about 1 hour to enable the dough to rise and double.
- Divide the bulk dough into eight pieces and roll out to a very thin circle on a flat board. You can also make just a piece of lavash bread, depending on your choice.
- Sprinkle the remaining olive oil on the dough and add any toppings you want (fiber, fruits, etc.). Set dough in the oven.
- Bake at 400F until the bread turns light brown.
- Yippee! Your wholemeal 60lavash bread is ready.
What to serve with wholemeal lavash bread
Wholemeal lavash bread is fun to eat because of its flavourful taste. However, it’s healthier and more nutritious when paired with other accompaniments.
Here are three accompaniments you can serve with your wholemeal lavash bread:
Serving your wholemeal lavash bread with fried eggs will fill you up.
Scrape your eggs and fry them with some spices and olive oil. Yummy! It goes well with your lavash bread!
Jam or Butter?
Well, I’m going for both! Jam is a sweet mixture of fruits and sugar, while butter is a blend of vegetable oils. In addition, slice your lavash bread and fill it up with jam or butter. Both make a delicious meal with your bread.
Menemen is a dish that comprises eggs, green pepper, red pepper, tomatoes, and spices cooked in olive oil. It makes a tasty dish. Also, you can serve it with your lavash bread to make it look more inviting and special.
Where can I buy Wholemeal lavash bread?
In case you don’t want to go through the stress of baking your lavash bread, here are top brands where you can buy your wholemeal lavash bread:
Are you craving a super-soft, delicious lavash bread? Go for Joseph’s! It is guaranteed to make your day.
Besides being an ingredient-rich bread, Atoria’s lavash bread is the only bread that can make you drool just by looking at it. Whether you consider the colorful package or the toppings, Atoria is a first-class bread.
Toufayan bakery quality bread!
I’m usually a little picky when choosing a brand to buy from. However, Toufayan’s lavash bread proved its superiority!
If you are picky, Toufayan has got you covered. This whole meal Lavash bread is made from the freshest ingredients and quality toppings.
Health benefits of wholemeal lavash bread
If you spend some bucks on lavash bread, it won’t go down the drain! Why? Lavash bread comes with a lot of benefits and nutrients, aimed at improving your health.
Here are three health benefits of lavash bread:
It’s a low-fat diet
Firstly, foods high in fat are dangerous for your health. Also, high fat in your diet can make you emerge as obese. However, consuming lavash bread will lower health issues like obesity because it’s relatively low in fat.
Lavash bread facilitates a skin glow
Wholemeal bread facilitates healthy and glowing skin due to the fact it contains.
Lavash bread is a superb source of energy.
Lavash flour is highly rich in carbohydrates and carbs are an excellent source of energy.
- Serve this delicious kale and carrot recipe with your potato pancake.
- Healthy and happening, try out Brown Rice Pasta With Broccoli And Kale
- Keep it simple with Brown Rice Crackers
- Keep it light with Brown Rice Krispies
- Add some sweetness to your dinner with Almond Burfi Recipe dessert
- Treat your sweettooth lightly with Cherry Almond Biscotti Recipe or Almond Croissant Puff Pastry Recipe