When it comes to Mediterranean food, Zoe’s Kitchen is my go-to place! They have such a simple but diverse menu with so many healthy options to choose from. Their quinoa salad is one of my favorites and I’m always ordering it when I visit. It’s so simple and fresh, yet so delicious, you’ll keep going back for more. So here’s our take on Zoe’s quinoa salad recipe, enjoy!
Zoe’s Quinoa Salad Recipe
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumbers, diced
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup black olives, chopped
- 1.5 cup blanched broccoli, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 cups iceberg lettuce
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp Greek seasoning
- 2 tbsp lemon vinaigrette
- Salt to taste
- In a large bowl, add your cooked quinoa, tomatoes, cucumbers, green onions, and broccoli
- Toss it all together
- Add your salt, Greek seasoning, oregano, and lemon vinaigrette.
- Mix it all together
- To serve, place a cup of lettuce onto a plate and add 1/4th portion of the prepared quinoa mix
- Top with crumbled feta cheese
This recipe isn’t entirely vegetarian, because we believe in having a balanced meal.
We at yogi nutrition are always looking for ways to make healthy food more fun and exciting. Quinoa is a great food to incorporate into your healthy eating! It’s gluten-free, high protein, and high fiber, making it a superfood. Not to mention, it also makes healthy dishes more filling and appetizing. What’s not to like?!
However, when it comes to cooking quinoa, the recipes can be pretty monotonous. But that’s kind of the beauty of quinoa, the more simple you keep it, the better it tends to taste. This is why quinoa finds a great place in Mediterranean-inspired food and salads.
However, if you don’t have a Zoe’s Kitchen near your location, you shouldn’t have to miss out on the goodness that is their quinoa salad! To take matters into our hands, we came up with a recipe that’s pretty close to their version of it. So do give it a try!
Why We Love Quinoa So Much
I love incorporating quinoa (and other grains) into my meals mainly because I love the taste. But did you know, it also has a number of health benefits?! I mean, it’s known as the super grain for a reason.
- It’s a protein-rich food. Quinoa contains all 9 essential amino acids our body needs.
- It contains iron. Iron is the basis of hemoglobin formation, which is a compound in our red blood cells that helps it carry oxygen to different parts of our body, including the brain. Often, deficiency of iron can lead to anemia a condition that signifies decreased hemoglobin levels. This can lead to a number of problems such as fatigue, shortness of breath, and more.
- It contains a nutrient called lysine, which is an important nutrient required for growth and repair.
- It contains fiber! Fiber as we know is required for a healthy gut and prevents problems like constipation
- Quinoa is high in magnesium. Magnesium helps our blood vessels relax, preventing problems like high blood pressure and migraines. It is also said to prevent type 2 diabetes by promoting controlled blood sugar levels
- Quinoa also contains a good amount of Riboflavin, which is a type of vitamin B. it improves energy metabolism within the brain and muscles, helping you stay active
- It has a low-calorie count, which means quinoa can help you stay fit and healthy. Since it’s full of protein and fiber, it keeps you full without adding to your calorie intake
Delicious Quinoa Recipes
If I have convinced you into having more quinoa, here are some recipes you must try!
- Spicy Thai chili quinoa bowl
- Quinoa mac and cheese
- Mexican style tricolor quinoa burrito
- Brown rice quinoa pasta
- Black bean quinoa salad
Do try Zoe’s quinoa salad recipe and let us know what you think!