With the perfect silken tofu scramble, veganism is not a sacrifice but pure joy.
Life is not easy when you are switching to an eco-friendly and healthier lifestyle by going all vegan. I mean, what are the easy breakfast options. Because when you are running late for work and cannot go hungry, what should you do when eggs are out of your league now?
Worry not, there is a ton of easy and delicious silken tofu recipes, and we have curated the best one for you that can be made in less than ten minutes. So, next time you do not have to step out with an empty stomach in the morning because a good start with a good breakfast!
5-Minute Silken Tofu Scramble
Ingredients for 5-minute Silken Tofu Scramble
- 2 (32oz) container of silken tofu.
- 2 tbsp Yielding yeas (heaped).
- ½ tsp Ginger powder.
- ½ tsp Garlic powder.
- 1 tsp Onion powder.
- 1 tsp Extra virgin olive oil.
- A dash of turmeric powder (this is just to add color, you can skip if you want).
- 1 Cup Veggies of your choice (chopped and sautéed).
- Salt to taste.
- ½ tsp Pepper or as much you like.
- ½ tsp Chili powder.
- Chopped coriander or cilantro to garnish.
- If you want, you can add vegan sausages or vegan cheese to make the tofu scramble even more delicious.
- Remove the tofu from the container very carefully; it should not break apart.
- Cut the tofu into 1-1.5 inch cubes. Be gentle while handling the tofu; we do not want it to go all mushy.
- Pre heat a medium nonstick pan or skillet on medium-high flame. Spray the pan with olive oil to ensure that the tofu will not stick to eat, even for a moment.
- Cook the tofu until nice, crispy, and golden brown; keep flipping for a minute or so. The tofu should shrink as it cooks to indicate that the excess oil has evaporated.
- In the brown tofu, throw in the yeast, veggies (cooked/ sautéed separately), and all the other ingredients (except for the garnishes).
- Stir generously with a spatula for 3-5 minutes or until the ingredients come together until you have a nice golden brown looking crisp scramble on the pan (you can add your vegan sausages or cheese at this point).
- Turn of the heat, add all the garnishes you want, and enjoy!
Silken Tofu Scramble; Treat yourself to a leisurely breakfast!
Since childhood, we have seen our parents emphasizing having us start our day with a nutritional breakfast, as it is considered the most important meal of the day.
However, when you have a plant-based diet and have said your goodbyes to eggs and meat, then how you can satisfy your scrambly cravings?
Well, silken tofu is a savior for you! Although tofu is highly misunderstood because of its bland taste, it is still one of the major ingredients in many vegan kitchens. Once you develop a taste for it with the right recipe, your taste buds will always want more!
What is the difference between soft or silken tofu?
People often get confused between soft and silken tofu. However, used interchangeably there different from one another.
- Soft or regular tofu is Chinese-style tofu and most commonly available in the stores. Made by coagulating the protein in soymilk then pressing it into blocks, regular tofu can be soft, medium, or firm.
- Silken tofu, the star of our recipe, is Japanese-style tofu that is more smooth, delicate, and creamier. It is available as soft, firm, and extra-firm (all of them on the softer side)
Is silken tofu scramble healthy- the nutritional facts!
Health is wealth, and so is silken tofu.
High in nutrition and low in calories, I have always wanted to eat as much as I want without gaining weight. Tofu is an excellent source of protein with low saturated fats that helps you stay full for long.
A single serving of silken tofu scramble only contains 80 calories.
What is the best thing to pair up with a silken tofu scramble?
With side dishes, you can always make your food a treat!
Although the scramble alone is delicious, pairing it up with sautéed veggies, avocado toast, or even rice takes the taste and nutrition to the next level. If you have time at your hands, treat yourself by going the extra mile in turning the simple scramble into a decadent dish.
Should you store silken tofu scramble?
This silken tofu scramble recipe will only take 5 minutes of your time, then why should you store it? In addition, storing the scramble either of eggs or tofu does not sound right!
Tips to take make your scramble even better:
- Pan-fry the silken to eliminate all the excess liquid and attain a light golden brown tofu skin, and this will make your scramble extra fluffy from the inside while nice and crispy from the outside.
- Always keep a few chopped veggies in the freezer, so all you have to do is take them out and use them.
- Use a good quality nonstick pan because silken tofu is very delicate and fragile. We would not want it to stick to our pans or, even worse, burn.
Impress yourself with a scramble!
The only thing wrong with a silken tofu scramble is you not cooking it well!
This silken tofu scramble recipe is fail-proof and so delicious that even your kids will never skip breakfast again. So next time you are running short of time or your kids are giving you a hard time with you cramped up with all the work, thinking what to make for breakfast, consider the tofu scramble, your savior!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.