The flakiness of salmon and the richness of bourbon. This restaurant-style Lone Star Salmon Recipe brings you sweetness and saltiness in a delicious dish. It is bound to impress everyone at mealtime.
Grilled to perfection and a perfect combination with some veggies and lentils; you’ll never want to have salmon any other way again! And the best part: it’s quick and simple with only a few ingredients, so let’s get cooking!
Salmon is rich in omega-3 fatty acids, potassium, and lean protein, making it an extremely healthy alternative to chicken and beef. Its mild flavor and light texture make it incredibly versatile, and it beautifully compliments various flavors and ingredients.
And combined with bourbon in this recipe just makes the salmon even more alluring and mouth-watering!
Lone Star Salmon Recipe
Ingredients for Making Lone Star Salmon with Sweet Bourbon
- 8 oz Salmon Filets. (skin removed)
For Sweet Bourbon Marinade:
- ¼ cup Pineapple juice.
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce.
- 2 tbsp Brown sugar.
- 1 tsp Bourbon. (any brand)
- ¼ tsp Cracked Black pepper.
- ⅛ tsp Garlic powder. (to taste)
- ½ cup Vegetable oil.
- 2 tsp Snipped chives. Fresh
How to Make Lone Star Salmon with Sweet Bourbon?
- Combine the soy sauce, pineapple juice, bourbon, brown sugar, garlic powder, and pepper in a medium-sized bowl. Stir till the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the oil and stir to mix all ingredients.
- Place the salmon fillets in a shallow dish. Pour the bourbon marinade generously over the filet to cover them(save some to brush on top of the fish while it cooks).
- Place a lid over the fish and keep it in the refrigerator for about an hour and two.
- Get your grill ready. Place the fish on a tin foil and cook for about 5-7 minutes on each side. Punch holes in the foil to drain excessive moisture). Regularly brush the fish with the marinade.
- Once the fish is ready, place it on a serving plate and sprinkle it with chives.
This recipe contains about 114 calories.
You can wrap the grilled salmon in foil and refrigerate it in an airtight container for up to 2 days. Then, when you’re craving it again, just heat it slightly on a baking sheet in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
To store leftover salmon for longer, use the same technique and pop it in the freezer – it’ll stay good for about 2 months.
It’s preferred that you make the bourbon marinade fresh since refrigerating it makes it thicker and difficult to glaze over the salmon. However, if you have some refrigerated, simply place it on low heat and simmer till it obtains the desired consistency.
- If you don’t want to use bourbon to make this lone star salmon recipe, any basic and similar liquor such as rum or cognac will have the same result.
- If you prefer to make a non-alcoholic version of the bourbon, you can use 1/8th cup of apple cider vinegar and ½ cup apple juice instead.
- Don’t miss out on the brown sugar – it’s important for thickening the bourbon marinade.
- To check if the salmon is ready, take a knife and slice through the thickest part of the fish. If it looks flaky and translucent, it’s done.
Here are some more sweet and savory recipes for you to try!
- This creamy and delicious Mellow Mushroom Spinach Dip Recipe and CPK Spinach Artichoke Dip Recipe is the perfect condiment for your lunch and dinner meal.
- Want to end your meal on a sweet note? Try this Coconut Almond Butter Recipe.
- Have some peanut butter in your pantry? Why not try this Cocoa Pebbles Peanut Butter Recipe, Mary Jane Peanut Butter Kisses Recipe, or Magnolia Bakery Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe!
Be sure to leave us a comment if you tried this recipe – we’d love to hear your experience!
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.