Is there anything more beautiful than when the kitchen smells of cakes that are just being baked? This fine buttery scent takes us back to childhood and the most beautiful mornings in the family circle. The Almond buns are amazing in themselves, perfect for breakfast as well as for lunch or dinner.
- 300 ml warm milk
- 12 g yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 350 g flour
- 3 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 30 g butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp milk
- Add100 ml of warm milk, instant yeast and 1 tsp of sugar to a small saucepan, stir and cover the bowl with foil. Leave for about ten minutes for the yeast to activate.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer add flour and sugar, stir.
- Add the activated yeast to the flour mixture, stir, and then gradually add the rest of the milk. Stir and add salt halfway through.
- Add softened butter to the dough. Butter needs to be at room temperature. Knead a fine dough.
- Put the dough in a glass jar and cover with foil, leave for 1 to 1.5 hours to double the amount of dough.
- Knead the dough and divide into pieces of 36 g each.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C / 355 degrees F.
- Roll the buns and arrange them on a baking sheet, then cover them with a kitchen towel and leave to stand for 30 minutes.
- Whisk the egg yolks with milk and spread on the surface of the bun, sprinkle the bun with almond leaves.
- Put the bun to bake for 20 minutes.
- Fill them with cream, jam or whatever you want.
Almond buns introduction
Slightly sweet and milky, but soft like cotton, these great pastries are fun and easy to prepare, and very easy to customize with sweet or savory dishes.
Soft pillows, with a golden crust and crispy almond leaves on the surface are a real treat to make your day even happier and more filled with perfect scents and flavors.
You can make Almond buns in a variant that they are completely vegan, but also in combination with eggs and dairy products, the result will be great in both versions of buns.
Vegan Almond Buns
If you opt for the vegan variant of almond buns, choose almond milk or oat milk instead of whole milk, use coconut oil instead of butter, and replace the egg yolks with a mixture of almond milk or oat milk with one tsp of coconut oil.
You can mix white flour for all purposes with 3 tbsp of almond flour and you will get an even richer, almond note in the dough.
Steps for the perfect Almond buns
For the softest rolls, use whole milk. Low-fat milks also work, but whole milk produces a phenomenal taste and texture.
You can use active dry yeast or instant yeast. If you use active dry yeast, the growing time will be a little longer. Yeast is activated most quickly with the addition of warm milk or water, with one tsp of sugar. Sugar feeds the yeast, increases its activity and softens the dough. In about 10 minutes you will have a perfectly balanced yeast mixture that will make the dough better.
Butter promises a delicious and soft roll for dinner. Make sure it is at room temperature so that it can easily blend in with the dough.
If you want a salty version of buns, balance the addition of salt. The salt neutralizes the yeast, so it is best to mix the salt only when the flour and active yeast or salt are mixed in a separate bowl with one part of the flour, which you gradually add with the remaining amount, following the instructions in the recipe.
You can use universal flour or bread flour in this recipe. Multi-purpose flour is suitable for most, but bread flour produces chewed rolls. There are no other changes to the recipe if you use bread flour.
When you make the dough, cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise for a minimum of 1 hour. If you do not have that much time, preheat the oven to 50 degrees C / 120 degrees F, add the dough and follow the rise, in less than 20 minutes, the dough will rise twice. Buns are a lot of fun to design, so you can include little helpers to keep you interested while making buns. They will definitely enjoy 🙂
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to get it ready.
- Love smoothies? Try this silken tofu berry smoothie. You will love it, I promise.
- Are you a sucker for chocolates like me? Then you need to make this irresistible silken tofu and chocolate mousse pie.
- Give yourself a good treat with this silken tofu ranch dressing.
- Try this delectable silken tofu with cauliflower.
- Quick and easy to make 5-minute silken tofu scramble.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter.