When it comes to your sweet tooth, the diet takes away the fun of everyday life. Just having something too much on as you watch your favorite television series, or perhaps while talking to your friend on the phone, nibbling on a piece of cake. When you are on a strict and controlled diet, these little things no longer remain to keep you occupied. But you must not worry, there are many recipes available that are healthier versions of what you were previously snacking on, and Almond Crisps Cookie Recipe takes the front seat, believed to originate from China in the 16th century.
How to make Almond Crisp Cookies?
Almond crisps cookies are not too difficult to make. You just have to find the right set of ingredients to ensure that the texture and taste you want are not compromised. Following that, let your oven do the talking.
Almond Crisps Cookie Recipe
- 1.5 Cup Butter.
- 1 Cup Brown sugar.
- 1 Cup Sugar.
- 2 Eggs(large).
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract.
- 2.25 Cup All-purpose flour.
- 1 tsp Baking powder.
- 0.7 gram Salt.
- 1 Cup Chopped almonds.
- For around five minutes, cream the butter and sugars together very lightly and fluffily.
- Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and continue beating the batter.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt, and then add it into the other bowl not more than 1/3rd at a time. You can then put in the almonds and mix the batter.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees for approximately. With a small scoop, lay out the dough on a parchment paper-lined into a baking sheet. The dough should be held three inches further from the other to allow spread.
- Bake the dough for approximately 8 to 9 minutes until the cookies turn out golden.
- Let the cookies cool for five minutes before taking them out on a plate to serve.
Your crisp almond cookies are ready to be munched on
How many calories are in Almond Crisps Cookies?
Normally, if you consume a serving of up to 3 cookies which weighs approximately 31 grams, your calorie intake amounts to 134 calories with 26.9% fat.
What is the best low-carb cookie dough?
Nowadays, a lot of different cookie doughs are available, both in stores and online. And there is not much of a difference when it comes to the taste of it. Most cookie doughs will come out the same, and you will enjoy every new one just as much as you did the previous. But when you are on a diet trying to protect yourself from harmful carbs and fats, you should prepare your cookie dough at home to ensure that the cleanest of ingredients are being used. As a result, you are substituting unhealthy options with items that are relatively less harmful to you.
What crisps substitute should I use for these Cookies?
With so many available substitutes and ones you can even prepare at home, it does not make sense to cut out chocolate chip cookies from your diet because of the ‘junk’ aspect associated with it. To help you sift through for options, here are some of the more popular ones:
- White Chocolate
- Vegan Chocolate
- Carob Chips
- Flavored Chips
- Caramel Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Yogurt Chips
How do I store these Almond Crisp Cookies?
Storage for any item is done based on the temperature and the kind of ingredients used in the particular recipe. Fortunately, almond crisp cookies do not have any items that can go bad and are stored in the refrigerator for quite a few months as long as it is a fully functional freezer. Many people store the cookie dough and will use that to make a fresh batch of cookies. That takes away from it the slight tinge of oldness that may arise.
Tips for making the best Almond Crisp Cookie
Ensuring that your cookies have just the right amount of crisp can get a little difficult, especially if you are a first-time baker like many of us. However, here are a few tips that can potentially guide you through the crisper end of the cookie deal:
- Regarding storage, it is generally recommended that cookies be completely cooled before they are put in the freezer.
- For daily use, store the cookies in a glass jar which is air-tight to ensure that it remains crisp and fresh as of day one of baking.
- Make sure that you follow the right kind of recipe and do not put in too many eggs or flour. They will ruin the texture and taste of your cookies.
- When making the dough, make sure that the butter is softened just right.
Homemade Almond Crisp ingredients
A lot of times, people tend to worry when a strange ingredient comes up. Generally, those opting for healthier options may be familiar with almond crisps, but several others just are not. However, if you have never seen it on the shelf in stores, you need not worry; this quick recipe will take care of your sweet tooth while adding up to your health.
Try it out, and let us know how do you like it 🙂