Breakfast is a very important meal – it can either make or break your day. The amount of energy we get from breakfast depends on the foods we eat at the beginning of the day. The healthier the breakfast, the more energy we receive.
French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. Firstly, the smell of butter and vanilla that fills the house while making this meal is a good way to start your day. Also, it is healthy and nutritious.
This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond crusted French toast
- 8 slices loaf brioche
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp butter
- Maple syrup and raspberries for serving
- Start by slicing the bread (1 cm thick) Let the slices of bread dry a little. Dry bread will absorb the cream better and will fry better.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl. Add the heavy cream. Continue to whisk with the wire, then add the pure vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste. Continue to whisk until you get a smooth and fine texture.
- Add a pinch of kosher salt. Dip the sliced brioche in cream. Rotate the brioche slices to soak the cream evenly.
- Allow the bread stand in order to nicely soak all the ingredients and be incredibly juicy. This should take a minute.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. The pan should be large enough to hold about four or five pieces of brioche. Put a piece of butter in a pan and let it melt slightly. When it melts, spread it evenly over the entire pan.
- While the pan is heating to the required temperature, arrange the almond flakes on a plate, then take a piece of brioche out of the cream, and dip one side into the almonds. Pressing lightly to keep the almonds on the brioche surface during baking.
- Arrange the soaked brioches on the pan, with the almonds facing down. Bake until the almonds turn golden brown, the required baking time is about 2 minutes. Turn the brioche slices over and bake until golden brown on the other side.
- Preheat an oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- The bakedbrioches should be ready now. Arrange them on a baking sheet lined with paper. Arrange the toasts with the almonds facing down. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until the middle of the bread is warm.
- Ypur almond crusted French toast is ready. Serve with maple syrup and sprinkle with raspberries.
Almonds are rich in proteins, which makes them a great food to combine with snacks.
It is rich in monounsaturated fats, similar to those found in olive oil, which numerous studies have shown to be good for the heart and blood vessels.
What can I serve with Almond crusted french toast?
Almond French toast goes well with syrups and berries, I always have mine with maple syrup and raspberries.
What kind of bread should I use for almond toast?
Although any bread can be used in a French toast recipe, bread like brioche or whole-grain bread that exudes a rustic appeal is the best option.
Here are more delicious with almonds you need to try:
- Crunchy, delicious and gluten-free white cake Almond Dacquoise Cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare Almond meringue cookies.
- You will love this vegan almond ice-cream recipe
- Get creative with this almond tea cake and almond sweet cream pie.
- This lemon almond pound cake is made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat.
- This irresistible combination of chocolate with almonds is a delight for everybody.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.