Breakfast is a very important meal – it can either make or break your day. The amount of energy we draw from our breakfast depends on the foods we consume at the beginning of the day, the healthier the breakfast, the higher the energy, and you feel better.
A sweet breakfast that has a perfect smell and taste since childhood, which guarantees the best start to the day, is French toast. That simple magic that exists in soaked bread, which rises and fries in a pan until a rich, golden brown color with the smell of butter and vanilla that spreads throughout the house. A fresh, almost brittle crust would give way to a gentle, soft interior.
Today we will prepare Almond crusted French toasts, which, just like traditional French toast, is fresh and crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor. I like the texture that the almonds give to the French toast, that perfect amount of crunchiness to make the experience different and the taste fuller and more intense.
Almonds are a super food, rich in protein, in the same unit of measure it contains almost twice as much protein as eggs, which makes it a great food to combine with meals or snacks. It is rich in monounsaturated fats, similar to those found in olive oil, which numerous studies have shown to be good for heart and blood vessel health. Almonds release oils by frying, thus further intensifying their taste. Almond leaves over toast soaked in a delicious cream make a blend for a great start to the day. Here are a few more delicious go-to recipes with almonds you need to try:
- A beautiful, crunchy, delicious, gluten-free white cake Almond Dacquoise Cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare Almond meringue cookies
- If you are on a veggie diet this kind of ice cream will delight you Vegan almond ice cream
France is a country where food is an art and a science, tostadas francesa or pain perdu, which means lost bread, and it refers to old bread, from which several other kitchen staples such as milk, eggs, vanilla and almonds make the perfect dessert for breakfast or brunch.
There are several ways to prepare Almond crusted French toasts and countless flavors that you can mix with it. We will prepare fried and baked Almond crusted Franch toast, to get the perfect crispiness, fullness of taste, with a soft, airy inside of the toast.
Almond French toast goes perfectly with syrups and berries, so we will serve Baked Almond crusted French toasts with maple syrup and raspberries.
Great combinations of flavors with Almond French toasts are homemade strawberry puree with strawberry pieces, as well as a sprinkle with fine powdered sugar, but a good choice is also melted hazelnut cream or melted caramel. Depending on your wishes, choose the perfect combination with toasts.
Almond crusted French toast
- 8 slices loaf brioche
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 6 large eggs room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 2 tsp butter
- Maple syrup and raspberries for serving
- Slice the bread thicker, about 1 cm thick, so that it still has enough soft inside. Let the slices of bread dry a little, dry bread will absorb the cream better and will fry better.
- Whisk the eggs in a bowl, add the heavy cream, continue to whisk with the wire, then add the pure vanilla extract and vanilla bean paste. When you get a fine mixture, enrich it with a pinch of kosher salt. Dip sliced brioche in cream and let it stand for a maximum of 1 minute. Rotate the brioche slices to soak evenly with the cream.
- Add the sliced bread to the cream, turn the bread into the cream, and then let it stand to nicely soak all the ingredients and be incredibly juicy and ready to bake. It takes about 1 minute for the bread to be in the cream. When you get the fine, soaked brioches in the juicy, frothy, rich cream, they are ready to bake.
- Heat a large skillet over low heat. The pan should be large enough to hold about four or five pieces of brioche, so you have breakfast ready in two rounds of baking. Put a piece of butter in a pan and let it melt slightly. When it melts, spread it evenly over the entire pan.
- While the pan is heating to the required temperature, arrange the almond flakes on a plate, then take a piece of brioche out of the cream, drain the excess and dip one side into the almonds, pressing lightly to keep the almonds on the brioche surface during baking.
- Arrange the soaked brioches with the almonds facing down in the pan and bake until the almonds turn golden brown, the required baking time is about 2 minutes. Turn the brioche slices over and bake until golden brown on the other side, about 2 more minutes.
- Preheat an oven to 350 ° F (175 ° C).
- The brioches are baked, now it’s time to arrange them on a baking sheet lined with paper. Arrange the toasts with the almonds facing down. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake until the middle of the bread is warm but still moist, about 10 minutes.
- Almond crusted French toasts is ready.
- Serve French toast hot, almond turned up, topped with maple syrup and sprinkled with raspberries.
You can’t go wrong with a breakfast like this! Enjoy perfectly crunchy, and soft, juicy Almond crusted French toast snacks on the inside.