Almond dacquoise cake is a crunchy, delicious, and gluten-free white cake guaranteed to give your celebrations a blast.
It has a crunchy, sweet, creamy, and acidic taste. A perfect combination that you would hardly find in other cakes. You get a taste of the creaminess from the roasted dacquoise, while the sweetness and acidity come from the fruit.
This dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
Almond Dacquoise cake
- 200 g blanched almonds, finely ground
- 200 g superfine sugar
- 200 g confectioner's sugar
- 8 large egg whites, room temperature
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, softened, for parchment
- All-purpose flour, for parchment
- 250 ml whipped cream
- 250 g mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 50 g powdered sugar
- Raspberries and blueberries
- Carefully separate the egg whites from the yolks, then let the egg whites stand at room temperature for at least one hour.You can use a stand or a hand mixer in thepreparation of meringue, and with both mixers you will achieve the same result.
- Beat together almonds, 1/2 cup superfine sugar, and the confectioners' sugar in a large bowl with a mixer. Then add the egg whites to another, large and deep bowl.
- Start whipping the egg whites on low speed, gradually increasing the speed. When the egg whites become frothy, add the remaining 1/2 cup, super fine sugar. The time required for whipping is between 7 and 10 minutes.It is very important that the egg whites are well beaten to make the Dacquoise cake successful, so do not shorten the whipping time.
- When the meringue is ready, add the almond mixture, superfine sugar, and the confectioners' sugar and lightly combine the meringue with the mixture with a spatula.It's time to bake!
- Preheat the oven to 130 degrees and line the baking tray with baking paper. Meanwhile, draw two circles with a diameter of 22 cm on one side of the baking paper. Turn the other side of the baking paper in a thin layer, coat with butter, and then sprinkle with all-purpose flour.
- Pour the Almond Dacquoise mixture into a dressing bag, and shape the circles using the circles drawn on the paper. Flatten the surface of the Dacquoise cake with a spatula and sprinkle with almond flakes.
- Put the pan in the oven preheated to 130 degrees and bake for 10 minutes. Then, reduce the power of the oven to 90 degrees and let it bake for 80 minutes. Don't open the oven door while Dacquoise cake is baking so that it does not crack.After 80 minutes of baking, turn off the oven and open the door slightly. It is best to leave the Dacquoise in the oven for a while to cool slightly before removing it from the oven.
- Remove the cooled Dacquoise from the paper very carefully.
Fillingcream Almond Dacquoise cake
- In a large bowl, pour cold sweet sour cream, add powdered sugar and whisk into a fine cream. Add mascarpone cheese and pure vanilla extract. Continue to whisk.
- Place the first layer of Dacquoise on a serving tray, then apply the first layer of the cream. Arrange the fruit and apply a small amount of cream over the fruit in the middle, then put another layer of dacquoise, then another layer of cream and arrange the raspberries and blueberries. You can also add mint leaves.
Origin of Dacquoise
Dacquoise is a layered cake that originated from Aquitaine, a region in the South-West of France, and its name originated from the word dacquoise, which means a female citizen of the city of Dax when translated from French.
Dacquoise has another, less-known name called Palois [pa-lwaz]. Palois is a term for a female citizen of the town of Pau, situated in the same region.
Almond dacquoise cake can be served as a layer of cake with cream and fruit or several layers of cake.
Your dacquoise cake doesn’t have to be perfect. Sometimes, it could turn yellow or even crack. However, your cake must be crispy and soft from the inside.
- Try this almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- This almond crusted french toast will take your breakfast game to the next level.
- Easy and simple to make lemon almond biscotti recipe.
- This lemon almond pound cake is made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat.
- This irresistible combination of chocolate with almonds is a delight for everybody.
- Get creative with this almond tea cake and almond sweet cream pie