This fabulous Almond delight cake consists of a rich whipped cream, almond slices and a smattering of rich milk.
The juicy ganache cream and almonds also make this Almond delight cake a true delight and delicacy!
Serve to friends, family and guests. This Almond delight cake is guaranteed to please them.
Let’s make this recipe.
Almond delight cake
- 60 g unsalted butter
- 50 g cocoa
- 120 ml warm milk
- 140 g granulated sugar
- 80 g flour 00
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 ml milk
- 50 g sweet cocoa
- 300 g softened chocolate
- 200 ml sweet sour cream
- 60 g melted butter
- 150 g almond slices
- 100 ml whipped cream
- 50 g blanched almonds
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Melt the butter. While the butter is still warm, pour it into a bowl.
- Add cocoa to the melted butter and mix.
- Add hot milk and sugar to the mixture then stir.
- Add flour, baking powder and baking soda. Mix everything into a fine, homogeneous mixture.
- Line a 24 cm mold with baking paper and pour the biscuit mixture.
- Place the biscuit on the baking sheet for 25-30 minutes.
- After baking, the biscuit will be very soft. Leave it to cool a bit.
- Also, while the biscuit is still in the mold, make holes with a stick.
- Mix warm milk and sweet cocoa. Sprinkle the mixture over the biscuits.
- Prepare the glaze. Heat the sweet cream, add the softened chocolate and melted butter.
- Combine in a fine cream, then add the chopped almonds and while the icing is still warm pour over the biscuits.
- Whip the sweet cream and decorate the cake with a dressing bag and add the blanched almonds.
Should I use butter or margarine for this recipe?
This depends on you. Making use of butter or margarine have their advantages and disadvantages.
If you use butter, your dough will be softer, and tastier. Also, it will be crumbly. This is because the fat content in butter is much higher than margarine.
How do I measure almond flour correctly?
Spoon almond flour into a dry ingredients measuring cup and level off the top with the flat edge of a knife. Do not compress the almond meal into the cup or you may end up with up to 50% more flour!
What kind of chocolate should I use for an almond Delight cake?
You can use your favorite chocolates. However, dark chocolates work perfectly when paired with nuts like peanuts and almonds.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.