What’s a hot summer noon without a cool light and refreshing dessert like almond Jelly? Almond jelly with lychee is easy to prepare. What more? You don’t need to break a bank before getting this healthy and colorful dessert in front of you.
Also, with its subtle flavor and light jelly structure, don’t be surprised if you find yourself yearning for another cup of almond Jelly. One serving never feels enough, haha?
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond jelly with lychee
- 3 cups water
- 1 pouch clear jelly powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 200 g lychee
- Melt the jelly powder with cold water.
- Add gelatin to a small bowl and sprinkle with cold water, leave for 15 minutes to swell.
- Pour milk, sugar and almond extract into abowl and stir over low heat until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the gelatin and mix everything until the gelatin dissolves.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and allow to cool.
- Use a knife to cut the almond jelly horizontally and then diagonally to make diamond-shaped cubes.
- Transfer the almond jelly to a large bowl or bowl with a lid. Add pieces lychee, including liquid syrup. Cover and cool. Serve cold.
Jelly is one of the easiest homemade desserts. All it takes is to combine a few quality ingredients and place the dessert in the fridge to cool.
Also, after cooling, almond jelly turns into a delicious and very refreshing daily dessert. They look so good and taste so good that you will be proud enough to serve them on special occasions.
What other fruits can I use to make almond jelly?
You can use any fruit you want. This could be canned or seasonal fruits. Moreover, mangoes, cherries, and melons are great options.
What else can I use Lychee for?
You can use lychee in your ice creams or process into juice. You can also use them in wines, sherberts, and jellies.
Fun facts about Lychee
- They grow in the provinces of Kwangtung and Fukien in southern China.
- They are freshly available in the market from July to October.
- Lychee looks like a red egg. To eat it, you first need to break its bark (or cut it with a knife). You can also peel it and then eat it like cherries, removing the spikes.
Health benefits of Lychee
The lychee (Litchi chinensis) — also known as litchi or lychee — is a small tropical fruit from the soapberry family.
Also, Lychees are grown in subtropical regions throughout the world. However, they are popular in China and Southeast Asia.
Furthermore, Lychees contain antioxidants. These antioxidants include Epicatechin and Rutin. These antioxidants help to protect against chronic diseases like cancer and diabetes.
Nutritional fact: Lychee
A 3.5-ounce (100-gram) serving of fresh lychees provides the following nutrients.
- Calories: 41Kcal
- Fiber: 1.3 grams
- Protein: 0.8 grams
- Fat: 0.4 grams
- Sugar: 15.2 grams
- Carbs: 16.5 grams
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.