Love chocolate, almonds, and coconuts? Then you will adore this Almond Joy cake!
This recipe boasts fine layers of juicy biscuits, delicious creamy filling, and chocolate glaze.
Moreover, time doesn’t affect the taste of this almond Joy Cake. It tastes even better the next day.
Also, before making this recipe, make sure you warn your neighbors because the hypnotizing aroma of chocolates, coconut, and almonds is about to fill everywhere.
Almond joy cake
For the dough
- 6 egg yolks
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 100 g flour 00
- 10 g baking powder
- 30 g cocoa
- 6 egg whites
- Cocoa milk
For the cream
- 300 ml sweet cream
- 50 ml condensed milk
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml almond sauce
For the ganache
- 200 g chocolate
- 150 ml sweet cream
- Coconut and almonds
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line an 18 cm mold with baking paper.
- Whip egg yolks with sugar. One egg yolk develops a fine and frothy mass, add sifted flour, baking powder, cocoa and combine. Then set the mixture aside.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt till it forms a solid snow.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the beaten egg whites, and then use a spatula to combine these two masses.
- Pour the mixture into the mold. Hit the mold several times from the work surface to let the air out. Then place the mold on the baking sheet.
- Bake biscuits for 25 to 30 minutes. After 25 minutes, use a toothpick to check if the biscuits are ready.
- Allow the biscuit to cool completely, then cut into three parts.
- Whip the sweet cream, then add condensed milk, and vanilla extract to the cream. Then mix everything again. Finally, add the almond sauce and combine with the cream using a spatula.
- Fold the cake, then a layer of biscuits and a layer of cream. The layer of biscuits should comes at the end.
- Prepare the ganache. Start by heating the sweet cream, add the chocolate to the hot sweet cream. Leave for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula.
- Leave the ganache in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Stir the ganache after cooling and apply over the surface of the cake.
- Coat the cake with coconut and sprinkle with pieces of almonds.
What shape should I use for my almond cookies?
For this recipe, I baked the biscuits into a cube mold. However, you can make yours into a round shape. Just do whatever you are comfortable with!
How long should the cream stay in the freezer?
Luckily, the cream doesn’t have to stay for a long time in the fridge. Also, it thickens quickly within 10 minutes.
How should I make the ganache?
There are several ways to make the ganache. Firstly, you can pour hot cream over chocolate. You can also melt the chocolate in steam and pour in the tempered cream. Once done, continue to mix until you get a good texture.
- The ratio of the chocolate and cream.
- The type of chocolate used.
- The temperature at which the ganache will be served.
How long should the ganache stay in the fridge?
The ganache shouldn’t stay too long in the fridge. If it does, it will become too hard and difficult to use. However, if you are making chocolate truffles then hard ganache will work.
If you want a scrumptious cookie for your parties, dinners, baby shower or you simply want to impress your heartthrob, then you should make a big bowl of these fantastic cookies.
No matter who you share these cookies with or no matter the situation, these Almond Joy cookies will have your guests requesting more.
Do I have to add almond sauce to these cookies?
Not really, once you have your vanilla extract, you can leave out the almond extract.
How long can I store these cookies?
To store these cookies, you have to freeze them first. Also, the easiest way to freeze them is through the flash freeze method.
- Place the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Keep the cookies in the freezer
- Allow cookies to freezer for 3 hours.
- Once frozen, remove them from the baking sheet and put them in a large freezer bag. You can also use a plastic container with a lid.
- The cookies can stay up to 4 months in the freezer.
- Do you also have little helpers in the kitchen? If yes, go on a delicious adventure of preparing these super fun Almond cookies.
- Almond Dacquoise is a delicious French dessert made up of layers of meringue. The layers are filled with roasted or baked almonds and egg whites.
- The almond flan is easy to make, it tastes amazing, and all it takes is a few ingredients, like eggs, milk, almonds, and a little time.
- Crunchy, delicious and gluten-free white cake almond dacquoise cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare almond meringue cookies.
- This lemon almond pound cake is made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat!
- Make this almond crusted french toast for breakfast. It’s light, healthy and easy to make.