If you love almonds, then you are in for a fantastic treat with this Almond Joy cookies recipe.
Also, the combination for this recipe is fire: Talk about Almonds, chocolate, vanilla extract, sweetened coconut flakes, and more!
In just 30 minutes, you will have this cookie baked up to ooey-gooey perfection!
Almond Joy Cookies
- 1 1/8 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt and set aside. Add butter and sugar to the stand mixer and turn stand mixer on medium speed. Mix until the mixture becomes light and fluffy.
- Add the vanilla and egg and stir until combined. Bring your eggs to room temperature.
- Slowly stir the dry mixture into the creamy mixture. Stir in the chocolate pieces, coconut flakes and sliced almonds.
- Using 1 1/2 tablespoon, scoop the dough onto cookie sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes until the edges are golden brown.
- Allow to cool for ten minutes before moving to cookie cooling racks.
Health benefits of Almond Joy Cookies
Almond cookies contain ingredients that are beneficial to health. Here are some of the Benefits.
This recipe contains coconut milk. Coconut milk has an impressive micronutrient content. It is rich in iron, magnesium, and copper. Also, coconut milk potassium, selenium, zinc, folic acid and vitamin C.
Coconut oil is made from the dry part of the coconut. Some of its health benefits include fat burning, protects against skin damage, and improves oral health.
Also, the MCTs in coconut oil can increase the blood concentration of ketone bodies. This helps to reduce seizures in children with epilepsy.
Coconut water has a specific sweet-bitter taste and it is obtained from the coconut fruit itself.
In addition to being naturally sweet and hydrating, coconut water is loaded with several important nutrients and benefits.
Some of these benefits include:
- Contains Antioxidants
- Lowers blood sugar in diabetics.
- Prevents kidney stones
How do I store Almond Joy cookies?
After baking and cooling, put the cookies in a vacuum container and store them in the freezer.
Also, they can be stored in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Moreover, when defrosting, it is important to remove the cookies from the frozen vacuum container. After removing them from the vacuum container,
place them on a tray.
If you thaw baked cookies in the containers, the condensation that forms while they thaw could linger on the cookies. This will cause them to become soggy.
How long do almond cookies take to defrost?
It may take several hours for your cookies to become soft. However, if you want to speed things up, you can microwave each cookie on full power for 30 seconds.
Should I freeze almond Joy cookies with icing and decorations?
Yes, you can. However, the ingredients and decorations used wouldn’t freeze well. Thus, it’s advisable to apply the decorations after you have thawed your cookies.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.