Sometimes, especially in summer, you really don’t want to wait for hours to get your pastries ready. I have good news for you: This Almond Joy pie requires no baking. Also, it only needs minimal time in the fridge.
Moreover, you only need to arrange the ingredients and the fridge will do the rest of the work.
You can prepare this pie at the last minute when you need something classy and tasty to serve your guests.
They will love it!
Almond joy pie
- 2 cups ground integral biscuits
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 125 ml almond milk
- 125 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 50 g white chocolate
- 250 ml sweet sour cream
- 30 g gelatin powder
- 50 ml water
- Add melted butter to ground integral biscuits, add almond milk and mix until combined.
- Press the mixture evenly into the bottom pan, then set aside in the fridge while you prepare the cream.
- Whip the whipped cream.
- Add almond milk, condensed milk, lemon juice, white chocolate to the pan, when the ingredients heat up, add the gelatin that you previously mixed with cold water and leave to swell for a few minutes.
- Stir until all ingredients are melted. Leave the mixture to cool and pour in the whipped cream, mix everything and pour over the biscuits. Leave in the fridge for 1h.
- Prepare the juice. Heat the sweet sour cream to boiling, add the chocolate and stir until the chocolate is completely melted, add the almond pieces. Pour the sauce over the cream. Leave in the fridge.
- Whip the whipped cream and apply on the surface of the chocolate. You can put almonds, coconut or whatever you want over the whipped cream.
How should I store Almond Joy pie?
Cover well with saran wrap and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Is almond Joy healthy?
This pie contains ingredients that are beneficial to the body. For instance, it contains coconut. Coconuts are high in fiber. Also, the addition of almonds gives the pie an extra dose of fiber and unsaturated fat. These fats help to reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol levels.
Health benefits of white chocolate
Almond Joy pie contains white chocolate which offers numerous benefits to the body. White chocolate is made up of milk solids, cocoa butter, and sugar. Here are some of its benefits.
White chocolate contains cocoa butter which is a rich source of antioxidants. It helps to eliminate toxic substances from the body. It also improves the flexibility in the movement of white blood cells and also helps to reduce artery-clogging. Moreover, the presence of good bacteria in white chocolate helps to fight against bad bacteria in the case of sepsis.
Improves liver health
According to studies, white chocolate improves liver health by increasing the blood flow in the body. Also, it helps in improving the recovery of ruptured tissues.
Tones down hypertension
Nutritional Fact: Almond Joy Pie
- Calories: 250Kcal
- Total fat: 18.1g
- Saturated fat: 26g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 4g
- Cholesterol: 22.5g
- Sodium: 196.9mg
- Total carbohydrate: 57g
- Sugar: 44.2g
- Protein: 6.8g
- Vitamin A: 6%
- Vitamin C: 1%
- You don’t need an ice cream maker to prepare this vegan coconut ice-cream.
- Try this nutricious vegan almond ice-cream.
- This vegan avocado pasta may become your favourite meal after trying it.
- Want something trendy? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Wondering if brown rice is vegan? Check this out: Is brown rice vegan?
- This brown rice spaghetti with oregano and olive sauce is healthy, colourful and filling. It takes just 30 minutes and you will have this nourishing meal right in front of you.
- Making this brown rice pasta isn’t rocket science, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.