I’ve always loved all things almonds, but there’s something over-the-top delicious about the combination of almond milk, coconut rum, and melted chocolate. Moreover, the special aroma of the coconut gives a certain sweetness to this Almond Joy Shot recipe.
Also, the fine melted chocolate and pieces of almonds on the edge of the glass will have you salivating in no time. This almond joy shot is downright irresistible!
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond joy shot
- 90 ml coconut drink
- 45 ml coconut rum
- 30 ml almond cream
- 1 tbsp almond extract
- Melted chocolate
- Almond slices
- Add coconut milk, coconut rum, almond cream and almond extract to a blender. Blend for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Prepare serving cups. Melt the chocolate and dip the edges of the cups in the chocolate
- Apply pieces and leaves of almonds on the chocolate.
- Serve with ice (Optional)
In this recipe, I added Malibu rum coconut to almond milk. No doubt, it is a good combination.
Malibu is an original coconut-flavored rum produced in Barbados. Rum has been produced in Barbados for over 350 years
Also, Barbados rum is recognized as one of the finest (and strongest) in the world today.
Moreover, The Rum from Barbados is lighter, more refined, and has a lower percentage of alcohol compared to other rum.
Interesting facts about Malibu Coconut Rum
- There is something called the Malibu games.
- Thomas Jago, liquor industry legend who passed away in 2018, created Bailey’s Irish Cream and Malibu.
- Malibu is distilled from molasses, a sugarcane refinement byproduct.
- Also, the main markets for Malibu are the U.S., the U.K., Germany, France, and Canada.
Health Benefits of Rum
According to studies, consumption of a moderate dose of alcohol after a mental stressor may help you rebound faster.
Studies have shown that habitual light to moderate alcohol intake can lead to a decreased risk for coronary artery disease. It also helps with congestive heart failure and stroke.
Although drinking alcohol can provide certain social and relaxation benefits, there are substantial drawbacks if you drink too much. Thus, you should consider this if you choose to include rum in your diet.
The key is to drink moderately! Cheers!
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.