These delicious Almond Meltaways cookies are fluffy and buttery. Moreover, they melt completely in your mouth, making you taste every bit of the ingredients!
The blend of almonds and white chocolate also make this recipe perfect and nutritious.
Lastly, don’t forget to turn on your favorite jam while eating this meltaways. There is something about this almond meltaways that makes you want to keep dancing and smiling.
Let’s make this recipe!
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 2 tbsp cornstarch
- 7 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 1 cup melted white chocolate
- Almond slices
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Add softened butter and cream to the stand of the stand mixer. Turn the mixer on medium speed and let the ingredients mix until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and extract and continue to mix.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt. Stir until combined. Then add sugar spoon by spoon.
- Divide the dough into balls, arrange on a baking sheet lined with baking paper. Then flatten the balls.
- Put the biscuits to bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- Prepare the glaze. Heat the sweet cream, mix with the chocolate. Pour the icing over the biscuits, then sprinkle with almonds.
What kind of flour should I use for almond meltaways?
For this recipe, I used white rice flour. This flour is gluten-free. However, you can use an all purpose flour. You will still get a good and tasty cookie.
If you want to use a gluten-free flour, then ensure you follow the label instructions. For some gluten-free flours, you may need to use more water while others require only little water.
However, note that flours differ in terms of structure, dehydration and usability.
Other kinds of flour you could use are tapioca, amaranth, quinoa and millet. You could also get creative with potato, chickpea and nut flour.
What kind of starch should I use for almond Meltaways?
If you are using an all-purpose flour, then you do not need to use a starch. However, if you are using gluten-free flour, then you need to use starch.
Starch helps in the structure, texture and binding of the gluten-free dough. It is an essential component of gluten-free blends because it takes on the role of gluten.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.