Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
Almonds are excellent food, full of vitamins, and very tasty. They come in two variants; sweet and bitter. However, I used sweet almonds to make this delectable almond meringue cookies recipe.
Almond meringue cookies are great but there is one deal-breaker! It takes two hours to get this meal ready.
Despite this, you get the result of your hard work and time: Bright, crunchy, and delicious, and juicy cookies:
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond Meringue Cookies
- 5 egg whites (room temperature)
- 250 g white sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup almonds
- Heat a frying pan over low heat. Add the sweet, raw almond leaves. When the almonds are fried, leave them at room temperature to cool completely.
- Allow the almonds to cool. Add them to the food processor and grind.
- It's time to prepare the egg whites. Pour the egg whites into a whisk and mix on medium speed. When the egg whites start to foam, add a pinch of salt. Stir for a while, then add the lemon juice.
- Add sugar and stir the meringue for 10 minutes until you get solid snow.After 10 minutes, make sure the sugar is completely dissolved. Check by rubbing the mixture between your fingers. If it feels sandy, keep stirring until you get a smooth texture.
- Pour the ground almonds into a bowl with the meringues. Combine the almonds with the egg whites.
- Pour the meringues with almonds into a large dressing bag with or without an extension. (It is important that you have a large enough opening on the bag so that the meringues can come out nicely)
- Sprinkle the baking tray with baking spray, then place the baking paper to keep the paper in place, which will make it easier for you to line up the meringues.
- Preheat the oven to 225 ° F (110 ° C) for two hours. Turn on fan mode. When the oven heats up, place the baking tray with meringues cookies on the baking tray, but leave the oven door open at about 2-3 cm. You can put a kitchen towel, silicone pad or folded baking paper.After two hours, turn off the oven and leave the meringues inside, but open the door a little bit more so that they can cool down.
- After the meringues are baked, cooled, they are ready to be served. Serve with a cup of your favorite tea or coffee.
Notes on the recipe
- Almonds are full of oil, so you don’t need to add extra oil when frying. Fry the almonds in a big pan with enough space. This prevents the almonds from burning.
- You can also bake the almonds in the oven at 350 ° F (175 ° C) for about 10 minutes. This way they will bake more evenly, but by roasting the almonds in a pan you have more control to get what you want, which is a golden brown color.
- To prepare the meringue, you need to separate the egg whites from the yolk. Start by placing the fresh eggs in the refrigerator for a few hours. After this, separate the egg whites from the yolk. Leave the egg whites at room temperature for an hour before you start preparing the meringues.
- Make sure the bowl you use in mixing the egg white is completely clean and dry. After washing, wipe the dish with a paper towel. You can also wipe the dish with lemon juice, the acid from the lemon will break down all the small amounts of fat that are on the dish.
- Craving a crunchy and delicious meal? Try this almond dacquoise cake!
- Make this almond crusted french toast for breakfast. It’s light, healthy and easy to make.
- This crispy almond cookies are healthy and easy to make.
- Craving for something delicous and nutritious? Try this chocolate almond croissant recipe!
- Simple healthy and easy to make lemon almond biscotti recipe.
- Get creative with this almond tea cake and almond sweet cream pie.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.