Craving a cake that melts in your mouth with every single bite? Then almond milk flan is the perfect option.
This recipe requires only a few simple ingredients. Also, if you have got 5 hours to spare, then you are just about to make a milk flan that no one can say no to!
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond milk flan
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
Flan custard mixture
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 14 oz sweetened condensed milk
- 12 oz almond milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Bring the water to the boil for a water bath.
- Preheat the oven to 175 degrees Celsius.
- For the caramel sauce, prepare a 22 cm mold. In a medium saucepan, whisk 3/4 cup of granulated sugar and 1/4 cup of water. Put on medium heat, cook stirring constantly until sugar is dissolved and mixture begins to boil.
- When it boils, stop stirring and let it cook until it gets an amber color. Remove from the heat, let stand for 5 seconds, then add the remaining 1 tbsp of warm water. Whisk to combine.
- Immediately pour the caramelized sugar into the mold.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, mix the cream cheese and 2 tablespoons of sugar only until smooth.
- Stir in one egg at a time, stirring until combined after each addition. Then mix in the sweetened condensed milk, almond milk and vanilla extract.
- Pour the milk mixture over the caramel layer into the cake pan. Place the pan in a baking dish large enough to fit in the extra space. Pour enough boiling water to reach half the sides of the cake pan.
- Bake until almost firm for about 1h.
- Carefully remove from the water bath and place on a wire rack to cool for 1 hour. Transfer to the refrigerator and allow to cool for 4 hours.
- With a sharp knife, turn the bottle right next to the bowl, and then place a large serving plate with a rim on the pan. While holding the plate in place, turn the bottle over to the opposite side and let it fall onto the plate.
- Slice and serve. Store in the refrigerator.
Flan is the Spanish name for vanilla cheese, with a caramel sauce topping. Moreso, it is a classic Spanish delicacy and one of the most popular desserts.
You can find it everywhere in Spain, but you don’t even have to go to Spain to enjoy this perfection, you can easily make it at home.
This recipe consists of milk cream, eggs, sweeteners, and caramel toppings. It is usually baked in a water bath for the best texture, and after baking it is cooled, and then later turned over on a tray.
What other ingredients can I use to spice up Almond milk flan?
To enrich, you can add cinnamon, orange peel, rose petals, cardamom, coffee, and lavender
This traditional Spanish flan is so delicious. However, adding almond milk and a little rich cream cheese makes it even better. So, make sure you don’t leave out the cream cheese and almond milk. Cheers!
What flavor of almond milk should I use?
Feel free to be creative! From chocolate to vanilla and plain almond milk, you will be making a great choice using any of these flavors.
Health benefits of almond milk
Almond milk is obtained from almond nuts. This plant-based milk has a creamy texture and nutty flavor. It has zero lactose and cholesterol present in it.
Help maintains a healthy heart
The complete lack of cholesterol in almond milk makes it a powerful enabler of a strong and healthy heart.
Almond milk contains riboflavin, which is a form of vitamin B and calcium. Also, this nutrient in conjunction with other nutrients like iron regulates muscle strength and growth.
Minerals such as calcium and potassium can be harmful to the kidneys if present in an excess amount in the body. However, almond milk contains a little amount of calcium and potassium when compared to other soy and dairy products.
The skin needs different types of minerals and vitamins like Vitamin E to keep it in a healthy condition. Almond milk contains a high amount of vitamin E which is helpful for the skin.
Almond milk also contains antioxidants that assist in repairing damaged skin.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.