Craving some serious decadence? You will love this almond milk juicer recipe! This Almond milk recipe is not only delicious, but it is full of vitamins and minerals, including vitamins B, D, and E. It also includes magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, potassium, zinc, and iron that helps your body function well.
This recipe is the perfect way to have something tasty, yet healthy and nutritious.
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond milk juicer recipe
- 500 ml water for soaking
- 150 g almonds
- 500 ml water for blending
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- Soak raw almonds in a jar or glass jar. Make sure that the water completely covers all the fruit. Soak with spring or filtered water.
- Saute the almonds under running water and drain.
- Gradually pour the almonds into the juicer and add 500 ml of fresh water. Add vanilla, fresh lemon juice to the milk and mix.
- Store milk in the refrigerator for 3 days. It can also last up to 5 days if stored in a closed glass bottle.
Although almond milk can be consumed on its own, until you get used to its taste, you can add several different ingredients. For instance, you could add vanilla extract, honey, cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut, agave syrup, and cocoa.
What kind of fruits can I mix with Almond milk?
Almond milk can be mixed with fruit in a blender. You could use fruits like blueberries, raspberries, strawberries. Bananas and peaches are also good options.
How long does homemade Almond Milk Juicer last?
The homemade version is usually good for 3-4 days. However, store-bought milk has a longer shelf life, usually up to a month. Once it is opened, use it within 7-10 days.
What kind of almonds should I use?
Firstly, you can make use of raw almonds or blanched almonds. However, I prefer using raw almonds. Moreover, raw almonds are readily available and they come in balanced and unbalanced.
Also, the taste difference between raw almonds and balanced almonds is minimal. So, feel free to use your preferred option.
How long should I soak the almonds?
If you are using raw almonds to make your almond milk, it is best to soak them for 8-12 hours. Moreover, soaking the almonds softens them. Thus, you will be able to extract enough milk out of them.
Also, soaking the almonds decreases their phytic acid level. This helps to improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
Follow these simple instructions to soak your almonds.
- Measure a cup of almonds, rinse them under cold running water for 30 seconds, and drain.
- Place the almonds in a large bowl.
- Pour 2 cups of water over it. You can use cold water or filtered water.
- Cover it with a plastic wrap or paper towel.
Health Benefits of almond milk
Almond milk contains flavonoids. This helps to lower cholesterol levels and protects the heart.
Unsweetened almond milk contains up to 80% fewer calories than regular dairy milk. Thus, using it as a replacement for cow’s milk is effective for weight loss.
Rich in vitamins
For instance, one cup (240 ml) of almond milk can provide 20–50% of your daily vitamin E requirement. Moreover, Vitamin E is a powerful antioxidant that can reduce inflammation. It also reduces stress and the risk of disease.
Almond milk is enriched with calcium to provide 20–45% of your daily requirements per serving. In addition, calcium is particularly important for bone health. It also prevents fractures and osteoporosis.
A large number of people are lactose intolerant. Almond milk is naturally lactose-free. Hence, it is a good alternative to dairy.
- Love pizza? Try this vegan pizza
- Go classy with this vegan avocado pasta
- Healthy and nutritious creamy curry penne pasta.
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare this delicious and flavorful breakfast.
- Get creative with celery peanut butter recipe and vegan noodle soup.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter
- Easy and simple to make lemon almond biscotti recipe.
- Easy to make vegan avocado pasta.
- This brown rice quinoa pasta is perfect for a Saturday breakfast.
- The flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your my mood!
- Easy to make brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale.