This almond milkshake is perfect for breakfast, dessert and even dinner.
Interesting fact: This recipe contains no added sugar or dairy. Surprisingly, you won’t even be able to tell. Yes, that is how good this milkshake is!
Also, the texture is creamy, smooth and thick. It is sweet and flavorful with a classy hint of vanilla and coconut. The subtle taste of the banana also leaves you dreaming, yearning, and longing.
This recipe is a perfect blend of all the flavors you adore. How about knowing that it also contains honey? The mild aroma of the honey welcomes you in a way that you can’t help smiling.
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond milk shake
- 200 g blanched almonds
- 30 g honey
- 2 frozen bananas
- 200 ml almond milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 50 ml coconut cream
- 100 ml whipped cream
- Almond and coconut leaves for decoration
- First make the almond butter by putting the blanched almonds in a blender and mixing until a wonderful tasty paste is made, the mixing time is about 15 minutes.
- Add almond butter, almond milk, frozen bananas to the almond butter and continue mixing until the ingredients are combined.
- Add coconut cream and vanilla extract to the mixture, continue mixing for another minute and you have the Almond milk shake ready.
- Pour the milk shake into glasses.
- Whip the sweet cream and with a dressing bag apply the whipped cream on the surface of the milk shake, sprinkle with coconut and almond flakes.
Can I use another milk for the almond milk shake recipe?
You can replace the almond milk with any of your favorite milk. These could be cow milk or soy milk. However, almond milk contains more minerals and vitamins than soy milk.
Moreso, almond milk has its own unique flavor. It is often described as being light and crisp. Almond milk is also versatile. Hence, you can use it in several recipes that call for cow milk. Although the taste will differ, it will still give you the same consistency.
Here is how you can make yours:
- Remove the skin of the almonds. Firstly, soak the almonds in water for 8 – 12 hours or overnight.
- Put the soaked almonds in a blender. Add 4 cups of water and mix until smooth.
- Finally, remove the solids by straining the mixture through a nut milk bag or cheesecloth.
Health benefits of almond milk shake
Almond milk contains no cow’s milk or other animal products. This makes it a great option for people following a vegan diet. It is also a great option for those who are lactose intolerant or allergic to milk.
Reduces the risk of heart diseases
Studies show that regular consumption of nuts can reduce the risk of heart diseases. More so, almonds contain healthful fats.
Doesn’t lead to a spike in blood sugar level:
Almond milk shake contains no added sugar. It uses almond milk and honey to achieve a refined and sweet taste. Also, almond milk and honey have a low glycerin index, this means making use of them wouldn’t lead to an increase in your blood sugar level.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.