10 minutes! That’s all it takes to prepare this nutritious and healthy almond milk soup.
If you love recipes that are audacious yet flavorful, then, you need to get this soup right in front of you ASAP!
Also, the almond milk gives this soup a rich and thick texture. Who needs flour when almond milk can do the thickening magic?
Moreover, you can make this recipe easily and quickly. Also, it has an inviting appearance and a nice and smooth creamy texture.
Let’s make this recipe!
Almond milk soup
- 3/4 cup ground blanched almonds
- 2 tbsp ground almonds
- 2 tbsp sliced almonds
- 1 L almond milk
- 1 1/2 cups fresh parsley
- 180 g sour cream for cooking
- 1 tbsp oregano
- Salt and parsley
- Add blanched almonds to a blender. Blend the almonds.
- Add half of the almond milk and sour cream to the almonds. Blend the ingredients again until completely combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a pan and add the rest of the almond milk. Add salt to taste and add oregano.
- Cook over low heat for 20 minutes. Pour into bowls and decorate with chopped almonds, primrose and your favorite spices or in the way you like.
Can I use Almond Milk to thicken almond milk soup?
Yes, almonds work well as a thickening agent. All you have to do is to pour in the designated amount of almond milk into a small pan. The almond milk will thicken up dramatically.
Can I get sick from almond milk?
Just as with any other milk, you are prone to food poisoning if you drink spoiled almond milk.
Although it may have fewer bacteria than dairy milk, bacterial spores can still grow when the container is left open. Thus, ensure you refrigerate almond milk and observe hygienic handling.
What other ingredients can I include in almond milk soup?
It’s okay to be creative and try to include more ingredients in your soup. However, you need to be careful since this recipe contains almond milk. Thus, avoid including acidic ingredients like lemon or sundried tomatoes. This will cause the soup to curdle.
Should I heat the almond milk?
When cooking with almond milk, ensure that you use moderate heat. Avoid using a high temperature. This will scorch the milk or form a weird layer of skin around the milk.
Nutritional value: Almond Milk Soup
Total fat: 3g
Total carbohydrate: 1g
Dietary fibre: 1g
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to get it ready.
- Love smoothies? Try this silken tofu berry smoothie. You will love it, I promise.
- Are you a sucker for chocolates like me? Then you need to make this irresistible silken tofu and chocolate mousse pie.
- Give yourself a good treat with this silken tofu ranch dressing.
- Try this delectable silken tofu with cauliflower.
- Quick and easy to make 5-minute silken tofu scramble.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.