It’s very easy to walk into a store to get your almond milk. However, making yours at home is a good way to spice up your kitchen life.
With a homemade almond milk, you can control the amount of sweetness and also infuse your desired flavors into your milk. You also get to play around with the level of thickness.
Moreover, you only need dates, blanched almonds, vanilla extract, water and a blender to make this recipe! Got all these? Then the spotlight is on you! Go ahead and make this super food.
Let’s make this recipe!
- 170 g blanched almonds
- 700 ml water
- 1/2 cup dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak almonds in plain or cold water overnight or for 8 hours. Soak almonds in hot water for 4 hours if you are in a hurry.
- Drain the almonds and place them in a blender.n
- Add new water to the blender.
- Turn on the blender and mix for two minutes or until the mixture becomes creamy.
- Using a clean gauze or cloth, strain the mixture from the blender into a bowl.
- Carefully squeeze all the liquid out of the ground almond.
- Use almond pulp for other recipes if desired.
Almond milk is one of the most popular alternatives to animal milk. However, it is not as nutritious as cow milk. It has less protein, fat, calcium, and vitamin D.
This explains why commercial almond milk is often additionally enriched with vitamins and minerals. Sugars, preservatives, flavor enhancers and the likes are also added. These additions often make them less healthy when compared to homemade almond milk.
If for some reason, you can’t or don’t want to take animal milk, or you just want to try something new, this simple recipe is at your disposal.
Can almond milk be stored at room temperature?
Commercially made milk is usually ultra-pasteurized and it can be stored at room temperature until it’s open. Also, make sure that you use it btw 7 – 10 days after opening it.
How do I know if my almond milk has gone bad?
The smell and taste of a bad almond milk would easily give it away.
How can I keep almond milk fresher for long?
Whether it’s a homemade milk or a store-bought one, it is advised to make use of it within 5-7 days. However, if you want to keep it fresh for long, store your almond milk in the back of your fridge.
The temperature is coldest and most stable, as opposed to the door, where temperature can fluctuate.
Is my almond milk bad if it starts to separate?
Most people believe that your milk has gone bad once it separates: This isn’t true.
Although, store-bought ones will last longer before they start to separate. This is because they may contain stabilizers and emulsifiers. However, the separation is normal and natural. All you have to do is to shake the milk before using.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.