A crispy buttery base with almond cream, rich white whipped egg white cream and crunchy almond pieces is the most perfect almond pie you will try!
For the base
- Ready made puff pastry
For almond cream
- 100 g ground almonds (almond flour)
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 100 g softened butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp flour
- 4 egg whites
- 100 g granulated sugar
- Lemon juice
- Almond slices
- Coat a 24 cm pie tin with butter and set aside.
- Prepare almond cream, frangipane. Mix sugar and softened butter. Stir until well combined and until you get a frothy cream. You can use a mixer or a hand mixer.
- Add one egg at a time so that it blends well with the mixture before continuing.
- Add the sifted flour and mix until it becomes a fine cream.
- Add the sliced almonds and combine with a spatula.
- Roll out the dough and place in a mold.
- Preheat the oven to 190 ° C.
- Pour the frangipane over the dough.
- Whisk in the egg whites. Pour the egg whites into a dry, deep glass bowl, start stirring with a mixer on medium speed, add the juice of half a lemon, and gradually add the sugar.
- Stir until you get a firm, creamy egg white snow.
- Add the egg whites over the frangipane cream and sprinkle with the almond pieces.
- Bake at 190 ° C for about 25 minutes.
- After baking, leave the pie to cool.
Almond pie introduction
Irresistible, and at the same time, elegant and refined. Sweet but full of protein.
It doesn’t take much time to prepare Almond pie because we will use already made puff pastry. The preparation does not require any special culinary skills from you. You will get a real explosion of taste and smell worth the time spent in the kitchen! 🙂
We have an addition in the form of a fantastic French almond cream in the preparation of this Almond pie. We used it in other recipes, it is frangipane. It is very common in French confectionery, and it is a combination of butter, sugar, eggs and almonds. When you combine these ingredients into a fine cream, you get a real wealth of full butter flavor with pieces of almonds. A really great choice for filling various puff pastries and pies.
Egg white snow in Almond pie
We need only two ingredients to make the egg white snow. A whipped egg whites and sugar. You can make various delicious desserts by using this mixture.
Egg whites can become an egg white cake, macarons, and can be the basis for richer cakes such as schnapps and Pavlova.
There are three egg cake mixes, all using eggs and sugar, but in different ways:
The French snow mixture is cold whipped, and is most often used. Traditionally, whipped crystal sugar with egg whites, with the addition of lemon juice or a pinch of salt to get a more stable and firm mixture. Recipes such as schnapps (“floating islands”, macarons, etc.) are made from this mixture.
The Italian snow mixture is prepared with hot sugar syrup, which is poured into the egg whites and quickly stirred and mixed until the mixture cools down. The mixture made in this way is very stable and suitable for decorating and topping the cake.
The Swiss mixture is made in the following way, the egg whites are mixed with sugar in a water bath heated to about 50 degrees until the mixture becomes solid. This mixture is ideal as a decoration.
To prepare frangipane for Almond pie, if you have available the aroma or extract of bitter almonds, or even a few bitter almonds, be sure to use it, the cream will get a fantastic almond note. Almond pie is perfect with a cup of your favorite coffee, in good company. Enjoy!
- Love pizza? Try this vegan pizza
- Go classy with this vegan avocado pasta
- Healthy and nutritious creamy curry penne pasta.
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare this delicious and flavorful breakfast.
- Get creative with celery peanut butter recipe and vegan noodle soup.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter
- Easy and simple to make lemon almond biscotti recipe.
- Easy to make vegan avocado pasta.
- This brown rice quinoa pasta is perfect for a Saturday breakfast.
- The flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your my mood!
- Easy to make brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale.