Do you want to add a little energy and cheer up for breakfast? You can’t go wrong with the bright and fruity flavors of butter and blueberries. The perfect combination of delicious Almond pound cake with blueberries and chocolate glaze will bring spring into your home and bring a smile to your face.
Almond pound cake
- 300 g flour 00
- 280 g cottage cheese
- 3 eggs
- 180 g granulated sugar
- 180 g unsalted butter
- 12 g baking powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 100 g blueberries
- 120 g chocolate
- 100 ml sweet sour cream
- Combine softened butter and sugar, add saltand mix with a mixer until you get a frothy cream.
- Add the cheese to the mixture and continue to mix, then add the vanilla extract and eggs. When all the ingredients are combined add the flour with the baking powder and continue to mix.
- Finally add the blueberries and mix them with a spatula.
- Coat the kuglof mold with butter and sprinkle with flour. Shake off excess flour.
- Pour the pound cake mixture into the mold.
- Turn on the oven to preheat to 180 degrees.
- Insert the mold and bake for about 45-50 minutes.
- Combine hot sweet sour cream and chocolate and pour over the cake. Sprinkle with blueberry glaze.
Almond pound cake introduction
Preheat the oven and get ready to bake a completely flawless breakfast treat. Buttery, thick and moist, this beauty bakes with a fine and tender crumb; that’s all a pound cake should have been and more thanks to fresh and juicy blueberries!
The first reason why you should eat blueberries is their nutritional value. Namely, blueberries are a good source of several vitamins and minerals, including:
Vitamin K1 – This nutrient is also known as phylloquinone. It mainly participates in blood clotting, and has a positive effect on bone health.
Vitamin C – Also known as ascorbic acid, vitamin C is an antioxidant important for skin health and immune function.
Manganese – This essential mineral is needed for the normal metabolism of amino acids, proteins, lipids and carbohydrates.
Blueberries also contain small amounts of vitamin E, vitamin B6 and copper.
Use this recipe as a quick breakfast, dessert or as a lunch snack to satisfy your craving for sweets.
Like all pound cakes, you need to take a few steps to ensure a perfectly baked cake of fine texture. However, don’t let this discourage you from preparing. Eventually, as you cut into a slice of buttery, thick cake with blueberries and chocolate, you’ll see (and taste) the effort paid off.
Tips for baking the best cake
A steel bread pan or kuglof gives the best results so that the kilo cake does not overcook on the side.
Room temperature ingredients are the most important thing when it comes to baking a pound cake! Remember to put butter and eggs at room temperature in advance, preferably higher before!
Make sure your oven heats up before you start working with your ingredients!
If you want to take the cake out of the mold in one piece, grease the mold with butter and flour!
Take the time to properly cream the butter and sugar and it will make a big difference in texture! It is necessary to get a fine, frothy cream.
The weight cake is baked in the oven for a long time. Protect it with foil to keep the top a nice golden-brown color. Don’t rush the cooling process! Give it at least 15-20 minutes on the grill before turning it off.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.