Elegant and simple, this rich and buttery Almond pound cake is like the little black dress of dessert!
Almond pound cake
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups flour 00
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tsp almond extract
- 120 ml chocolate
- 100 ml sweet sour cream
- Sliced almonds
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F andgrease a 9×5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer or a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, cream together the butter and the sugar for 2 minutes.
- While those are creaming, whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the eggs to the butter mixture one at a time, mixing and scraping down the sides of the bowl between each addition, until fully incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix on low speed until combined. Scrape down the sides and pour in approximately half of the milk, then the remaining flour mixture, then the remaining milk and almond extract, mixing and scrape down the sides between each addition.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan and bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes. If the cake tester or toothpick does not come clean from the center of the cake, bake for another 5 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before gently removing from the pan and allowing the cake to finish cooling on a cooling rack.
- Heat the sweet sour cream to boiling, then add the chocolate. Pour the glaze over the pound cake and sprinkle with berries and sliced almonds.
Almond pound cake introduction
It got the name pound cake, because of the way it is made. Initially, the recipe required half a kilo of flour, sugar, butter and eggs. Afterwards, variations were made to make the most delicious spongy pound cake. Over time, the recipes for preparing pound cake have changed, today we can come across many great recipes with different measures of basic ingredients.
Pound cake provokes heated debates in the world of baking. Some are adamant that we should stay true to the traditional method of not using baking powder to pick it up, resulting in a rather thick, heavy cake of modern flavor. Others insist on “improving” the pound cake by making the pound cake much more fluffy. However for the preparation of the pound cake I used a little baking powder and I got a perfect result. You can try the preparation without baking powder, you will get a slightly different consistency, thicker and heavier, but the cake will be just as delicious. The cake goes great with chocolate and berries, so it is my choice for preparing this recipe.
- If you start the day with coffee or tea, you will surely like this perfectly creamy, almond creamer.
- The almond flan is easy to make, it tastes amazing, and all it takes is a few ingredients, like eggs, milk, almonds, and a little time.
- Crunchy, delicious and gluten-free white cake almond dacquoise cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare almond meringue cookies.
- Lemon almond pound cake! Made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat!
- This refreshing biscotti recipe, slightly scented with almond and lemon, is perfect for this summer season.
- This crispy almond cookie is very easy to bake!
- Almond joy drink made up of several perfectly balanced ingredients.
- This vegan avocado pasta may become your favourite meal after trying it.
- Want something trendy? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Wondering if brown rice is vegan? Check this out: Is brown rice vegan?
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.