Three simple ingredients are all it takes to create golden crispy almond praline. Very easy to prepare and very tasty. All you need to do is watch the sugar boil very carefully because it turns golden brown very quickly!
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 4 tbsp cold water
- 1 cup almonds
- Lemon juice
- Linea baking tray with baking paper. Combine sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat.
- Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until sugar has dissolved.
- Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil.
- Boil, without stirring, for 5 to 7 minutes or until mixture turns golden.
- Add lemon juice. Remove from heat. Set aside for 2 minutes to allow bubbles to subside.
- Add almonds. Pour onto prepared tray.
- Allow to cool. Break praline into shards. Serve.
Almond praline introduction
Almond pralines are a great vegan treat.
If you’re looking for something to replace many non-vegan sweets, you’ll adore crunchy pralines-
You can toast the almonds for extra flavor before you add them to the toffee yourself, you will get an even fuller flavor. Instead of pieces of almonds, you can use almond flakes, and in this form pralines can serve as a decoration for sweets and cakes. Pralines can be made with all different types of nuts, but the most classic flavor is almond. I like to use roasted sliced almonds because they look nice and crispy in toffee.
Although praline tastes and smells like caramel, it should by no means resemble caramel sauce or soft chewing caramel.
You can add butter to the praline preparation and thus get a creamier consistency. Only one tablespoon of butter is used in the base, which ensures that it will actually harden, and yet be a bit rich and creamy like hard sweets.
Pralines are hard-boiled sweets, it is best to store them at room temperature in a cool and dry place. You don’t want pralines to come in contact with moisture, so I suggest you cover them and store them in an airtight container.
Another great thing about my homemade praline is that it will keep for quite a long time. I like to keep pralines in the kitchen if I can, but I find that it never lasts long. Wash the bowl and spoon that you used to prepare the praline with boiling water for easier cleaning.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- Healthy vegan cavatappi pasta with tomatoes and spinach.
- The sauce, aroma, and flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your mood.
- With this brown rice quinoa recipe, you can have a healthy and light meal without sacrificing nutrients and taste.
- Making this brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale is super easy, you can get it ready in a few minutes with easy instructions.
- Get creative with vegan brown rice crackers, vegan coconut ice-cream and vegan frozen raspberries yogurt bars.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.