- 170 g unsalted butter
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 250 g flour 00
- 1 tbsp sour cream
- 2-3 tsp yellow sugar
- 1 egg white
- Vanilla aroma
- Cut the butter into pieces and put in a bowl, add flour, sugar, a little salt (I don't know how best to explain how small it is, not just a few grains, a little more – a smaller pinch anyway) sour cream.
- Knead the dough. If necessary add a little more sour cream. The kneaded dough is smooth and does not stick to your hands. All the ingredients should be nicely combined, so that there are no unbroken lumps of butter, but it should not be kneaded too much.
- Wrap in cling film and refrigerate for about an hour to cool.
- Spread the cooled dough in the usual way you normally do. I do it on a silicone base. The thickness of the dough is about 0.3-0.5 mm, which means quite thin.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper. Arrange the pretzels, and place them in the fridge along with the baking sheet to cool while the oven heats up.
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C.
- Put egg whites in a bowl – Coat nice pretzels with the prepared egg whites and sprinkle with pieces of almonds.
- Bake for about 10-12 minutes, then set the oven on the grill or on the option to work only the upper heaters and move the pan to the highest bar. Leave for 1-2 minutes.
- I always replace one part of the sugar with vanilla sugar, so I didn’t list the vanilla sugar in the ingredients.
- Salt is in the ingredients, but salt only serves to improve the taste, but these are not salty pretzels.
- When it comes to baking time, follow the time stated in the recipe, and then check how far the baking has come.
- From this amount of dough, I made 6 piecesof large pretzels, but you can also roll out the dough and get twice as manypretzels.
- If you want your pretzels to be golden brown, sprinkle them with sugar to lightly caramelize the surface.
Almond pretzel introduction
Perfect homemade soft pretzels! You get a chewy but fluffy, deliciously tender, beautiful golden homemade pretzel that you will enjoy every last tasty, salty bite. They are the perfect party or snack to impress guests and are really easier to make than you think.
Making homemade pretzels is a similar process as for bread or dough for rolling, but instead you shape it into a pretzel relative to a loaf or roll. Designing pretzels is actually fun when you get used to it. These homemade soft pretzels are one of those foods worth craving that can take a little time and patience, but the end result is worth it. This is a great recipe for a “learn how” baking project for the weekend. Since then, it could become a tradition.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.