Soft, airy, crunchy, delicious puff pastry with a cup of hot coffee or tea. Almond ring Danish, the most beautiful way to start a wonderful day.
Almond ring Danish
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp salt
- 800 g flour 00
- 250 g unsalted butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 100 g powdered sugar
- apricot jam
- roasted almonds
- Stir the yeast in warm milk with a spoonful of sugar.
- Add half the flour and a teaspoon of salt and whisk.
- Add 50 g of butter, and put the rest of the butter in the fridge, add the egg yolks, then gradually add the flour and knead a soft, smooth dough.
- Leave the dough to stand for 15 minutes.
- When the dough has remained, roll it out into a rectangle and grate 1/3 of the remaining butter on a third.
- Transfer one third of the rectangle inwards, to 2/3 of the remaining dough, then transfer the third third over the first two parts. Leave it to stand for 10 minutes, then repeat the procedure two more times, stretching it into a rectangle and grating the butter on a third of the dough, then transfer the dough. Allow to stand for 10 minutes each time. The dough should be soft and easy to roll out.
- Flour the work surface and roll out the dough horizontally. You need a long, thin dough. As you roll out the dough, turn it on both sides to make it thinner more easily.
- Soften the apricot jam and chop the blanched and roasted almonds.
- Spread the jam on the surface of the dough and sprinkle with pieces of almonds, then fold the dough evenly twice. Cut the dough in half. Cut one part into three strips and weave a braid, and cut the other part of the dough into two parts and wrap it in a spiral. Coat the baking tin with butter and place the braid, then the roll around the braid.
- Whisk the egg yolks and milk and coat the surface of the dough, then sprinkle with pieces of almonds.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees and bake almond Danish ring for 15-17 minutes. The dough is ready when it is evenly browned to a golden brown color.
- When the Danish puff pastry is baked, cool it, then place it on a tray and sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- You can serve Danish pastries with a scoop of ice cream, warm crispy pastries with marmalade and almonds go well with vanilla ice cream or whatever ice cream you want. You can also add mint leaves as decoration.
Almond ring Danish introduction
Danish rings filled with almonds are such a good treat that you can complete your festive meals. Such an elegant look and great taste leaves no one indifferent.
Danish pastry is a type of sweet, puff pastry that has made Denmark famous and its specialty, as have other Scandinavian countries. The first such pastry comes from Austria, more precisely from Vienna, and in Danish it means Viennese bread. Danish pastry, in addition to being beautiful in appearance, is rich in aroma and softness, melts in the mouth and leaves all those who try it breathless.
You can prepare Danish pastries in various shapes and forms, I prepared Almond ring Danish dessert filled with fine apricot jam and almonds. It takes a little patience and time to prepare puff pastry and that is why it is best to prepare it the day before you plan to serve it.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.