The smell of warm pastries and roasted almonds is the perfect introduction to the autumn ahead. The Almond ring recipe is perfect for serving with morning coffee or tea. But the almond ring looks so wonderful and tastes great that it will shine on a holiday table or as a treat for an important event.
- Vanilla pudding
- Vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cups warm milk
- 2 tsp instant yeast
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 4 3/4 cups flour 00, an additional 1/4 cup, later on
- 2 tsp salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Make the filling
- Prepare vanilla pudding. Add the whipped pudding mixture to the boiling milk, then stir while cooking over low heat until the mixture becomes firm.
- Cover the pudding with plastic wrap while it cools. When the pudding has cooled add the pure vanilla extract, stir, then add the almond pieces and stir again.
- Leave the pudding on the side covered with plastic wrap.
Make the dough
- Mix part of the warm milk with the yeast and leave for 5 minutes, then add the rest of the warm milk, melted butter, egg yolks, and vanilla, and set aside to the mixture.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a hook attachment, add 4 3/4 cups of flour and salt. With the mixer on low speed, add the milk mixture and mix until the dough comes together, about 2 minutes, scraping down the sides of the bowl halfway through mixing.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and knead until the dough is smooth and shiny about 5 to 7 minutes. Add up to ¼ cup of flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, if the dough is not clearing the sides of the bowl after 5 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead by hand to form a smooth round ball, about 1 minute.
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled large bowl and wrap tightly with plastic wrap. Let the dough rise in a warm place until doubled in size, 1 to 1 1/2 hours.
Form the dough
- After the dough has risen, stretch it on the work surface and coat it with pudding, roll it up, join the ends, and then cut the dough a few times, to form a flower.
Top and bake
- Adjust the oven racks to the upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat the oven to 375ºF.
- Brush the rings with egg whites and sprinkle with almonds. Bake until deep brown, about 25 minutes, switching and rotating pans half-way through baking.
- Remove from the oven and place on a wire rack and cool for 1 hour.
Make the icing and finish
- Whisk the sugar, softened cream cheese, milk, and vanilla together in a small bowl until smooth, and then drizzle it over the cakes before serving.
Almond ring introduction
Everyone will be delighted by the simplicity, and the beauty and taste of the almond ring.
Crispy and delicious pastry, filled with vanilla pudding and crispy almonds, with a shiny butter finish and again with pieces of almonds, icing with a delicious white glaze. It sounds simple, but there is something magical in that combination of vanilla, roasted almonds and delicious pastries.
You can prepare the dough for the almond ring the day before or even a few days before and store it in the freezer. In that case, follow the steps below. When you’re ready to bake the frozen dough, let it thaw and rise until it almost doubles in size before continuing with the rest of the recipe. This thawing and rising can take more than 5 hours. You can also thaw the dough in the refrigerator overnight, and then leave the dough to rise at room temperature or in a warm oven for about 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
- Want a homemade recipe that is super sweet and easy to prepare? Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe
- This Almond dacquoise cake is slightly crispy on the outside, and very soft, and a bit chewy from the inside, just like a sponge cake!
- Try this Almond meringue cookies recipe. They are crunchy, delicious and gluten-free!
- I love this vegan almond ice-cream because you need only a few ingredients to make it.
- French toast is one of the best ways to start your day. This almond-crusted french toast is fresh on the outside, and crispy on the inside, with a rich nutty almond flavor.
- If you want a low-carb breakfast, combine hummus with raw vegetables like peppers, broccoli, celery, and carrots.
- Want something trendy and delicious? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Make this brown rice pasta in a few minutes with easy instructions.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.