Creamy cake in layers with fine caramel and chocolate is tailored to many fans of sweets. If you also love this irresistible combination, then Almond Roca Cake is a great choice for you.
Almond Roca Cake
For the biscuit
- 6 egg yolks
- 120 g granulated sugar
- 100 g flour 00
- 10 g baking powder
- 30 g cocoa
- 6 egg whites
- Cocoa + milk for coating
- 200 ml milk
- 300 ml sweet cream
- 100 g Toffee pudding mixes
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
For Dulche de leche
- 1 L milk
- 300 g granulated sugar
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 200 g chocolate
- 150 ml sweet cream
- Biscuit coating milk
- Preheat the oven to 180 C.
- Line an 18 cm mold with baking paper.
- The yolks need to be whipped with sugar. When you get a fine, frothy mass, add sifted flour, baking powder, cocoa and combine everything. Set the mixture aside.
- Whisk the egg whites with a pinch of salt. The egg whites need to be whipped into solid snow.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the beaten egg whites, and then use a spatula to combine these two masses.
- Pour the mixture into the mold, hit the mold several times from the work surface to let the air out, and then place the mold on the baking sheet.
- The biscuit needs to be baked for 25 to 30 minutes. Do not open the oven during baking. After the time required for baking, about 25 minutes, using a tooth pick, check that the biscuit is baked. When you stab the biscuit with a tooth pick and you have a clean toothpick you know you have a finished biscuit.
- Allow the biscuit to cool completely. And then cut into 6 thin layers.
- Make toffee pudding.
Prepare Dulche de leche
- Pour milk into a pot with a thicker bottom and add sugar to it. Make your fire stronger until the milk boils. Reduce heat to low, then add remaining ingredients (diced butter, baking soda and vanilla seeds).
- Stir occasionally to keep the milk from burning at the bottom of the pot.
- When the caramel starts to thicken (after1, 1-5 h) then stir more often.
- When you are satisfied with the caramel density, after 1.5 to 2 hours, then turn off the heat and transfer your dulce de leche to sterilized containers (I use jars). The total amount of dulce de leche caramel will be twice less than the initial amount of milk.
- You can use Dulce de leche immediately. If you want to store it, then first cool the caramel to room temperature and then transfer it to the refrigerator.
- Dulce de leche consume within a month.
- Fold the cake. Layer the biscuits, soak the biscuits with milk. A layer of toffee cream, in the middle of the Dulche de leche cream, should be a biscuit at the end.
- Prepare the ganache. Heat the sweet cream, add the chocolate to the hot sweet cream, leave for 1 minute, then stir with a spatula.
- Leave the ganache in the fridge for 10 minutes.
- Stir the ganache after cooling and apply over the surface of the cake.
- Decorate the cake with almonds.
Almond Roca Cake introduction
Roca Almond Cake, a caramel cake inspired by the famous candy! This chocolate, almond and caramel cake will steal your heart with perfect taste! In this cake you have all the flavors and textures of this treat! This roca almond cake is made of layers of soft biscuit, caramel toffee pudding cream, liquid caramel – dulce de leche, interspersed with pieces of crispy almonds and coated with chocolate ganache. This almond roca recipe is perfect for your next special occasion!
The layers of the cake themselves are not too sweet, they are just sweetened dulce de leche, making this cake well balanced.
This recipe for roca almond cake would not be complete without a good Dulce de leche for a superior caramel flavor.
Dulche de leche
Dulce de leche or sweet spread of milk and sugar is one of the most famous South American sweet spreads. The very name dulce de leche (read dulse de leche) in Spanish means sweet from milk.
To prepare it, you can use condensed milk and make your own caramel from it or start from the beginning with all the ingredients. I will write both procedures for you.
Milk caramel is wonderful for me as a topping for ice cream, pancakes, cakes, as a filling for biscuits, etc. It goes perfectly with chocolate biscuits, but also with cream cheesecake. If you are a caramel lover you will adore this recipe.
For dulce de leche you will need milk, use full fat (with 3.6% m.m.) and sugar (white crystal). I also use butter to make my caramel have a fuller and creamier taste and baking soda (it affects the color of the caramel, with it the caramel has a wonderful brown shade). And finally, beautiful vanilla. I use vanilla pods, you can use pods or flavorings.
Almond Roca Cake decorating
I decorate this cake with chocolate ganache, one of the most delicious creams that is very easy to prepare. You need two ingredients of hot sweet sour cream and chocolate with a minimum of 50% cocoa. Combine sweet sour cream and chocolate, then allow to cool completely. You mix and you have the perfect ganache.
- If you start the day with coffee or tea, you will surely like this perfectly creamy, almond creamer.
- The almond flan is easy to make, it tastes amazing, and all it takes is a few ingredients, like eggs, milk, almonds, and a little time.
- Crunchy, delicious and gluten-free white cake almond dacquoise cake
- Super sweet, homemade, and easy to prepare almond meringue cookies.
- Lemon almond pound cake! Made with almond cream enriched with a flavorsome lemon batter, giving you a moist, light, and absolutely delicious treat!
- This refreshing biscotti recipe, slightly scented with almond and lemon, is perfect for this summer season.
- This crispy almond cookie is very easy to bake!
- Almond joy drink made up of several perfectly balanced ingredients.
- This vegan avocado pasta may become your favourite meal after trying it.
- Want something trendy? Go for this vegan cavatappi pasta.
- Wondering if brown rice is vegan? Check this out: Is brown rice vegan?
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.