Homemade Almond Roca is the candy you need in life. A candy full of almonds and chocolate with the perfect amount of homemade caramel sweetness is unbelievably delicious! Fantastic treat for the holidays, homemade gift for family and friends. This is one of those treats that you will enjoy many times.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 cups almonds
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Almonds for sprinkling
- Combine the first 3 ingredients and cook on high, stirring constantly through 3 stages:1. Runny2. “Cheesy” — it will look like melted white cheese3. Runny and smooth, caramel brown color
- Make sure you have the fan on your stove going, because you’ll probably set off the smoke alarm towards the end. 😉
- When it is runny, smooth and caramel brown in color, remove it from the heat and add the almonds. Stir until combined and pour the mixture onto greased cookie sheets. Spread it into an even layer. It will harden as it cools.
- While it is still warm, sprinkle chocolate chips on top and let them melt enough to get soft. Spread the chocolate in an even layer across the candy. While the chocolate is still “wet,” sprinkle the finely chopped almonds on top.
- At this point, while it is still warm andsoft, you can score the candy with a butter knife to make it break evenly, orjust let it harden and break it into rustic pieces.
- Store in airtight containers. Enjoy!
Almond Roca introduction
It only takes about 25 minutes to prepare Almond Roca! Once you taste the candy, oh, this is delicious!
Almond Roca is perfect for all of you who are gluten intolerant.
Homemade candy looks great when you cut it up and serve on a cutting board.
Follow a few instructions for the most successful preparation of homemade Almond Roca sweets:
Cook sugar and butter over medium heat, stirring constantly with a metal wire. Do not increase the heat, the sugar may burn and the milk fat may separate from the butter.
Track your candy thermometer. Do not allow the temperature to exceed 160 degrees and the butter will not separate.
Slowly stir in the sugar and butter mixture so it doesn’t pop out and burn you while you make the candy.
The mixture of butter and sugar should be light brown when the candy is in a state of hard cracking.
Using a non-stick pan has proven to be the best way to make the perfect Almond Roca and easy to clean. Once the candies are made, place the candies on a baking tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes to allow the candies to half freeze. Then put the sweets in freezer bags and store until needed. Semi-freezing prevents sweets from sticking to the freezer.
- Love pizza? Try this vegan pizza
- Go classy with this vegan avocado pasta
- Healthy and nutritious creamy curry penne pasta.
- This tofu scramble is perfectly spiced and it takes only 15 minutes to prepare this delicious and flavorful breakfast.
- Get creative with celery peanut butter recipe and vegan noodle soup.
- Adventurous? Try this egg rolls with peanut butter
- Easy and simple to make lemon almond biscotti recipe.
- Easy to make vegan avocado pasta.
- This brown rice quinoa pasta is perfect for a Saturday breakfast.
- The flavor of this creamy curry penne pasta will brighten your my mood!
- Easy to make brown rice pasta with broccoli and kale.
I am a yogi with a smoldering passion for nutrition and healthy living. I have been a Nutrition and Lifestyle Coach for over 11 years and now I want to help you. My mission is to inspire as many people as I can to expand their awareness and broaden their horizons by giving a voice to the choices that create abundant, radiant health. Here I share deliciously simple plant-based recipes, nutrition resources, detox tips, and a glimpse into my whole lifestyle.